Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 490
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 15 2018 5:30 AM

I cannot find where I enter or use the "update now" command. After updating to L8 and now using the current beta (8.1.0004) for L8 the update now command could be found on the "About Logos" page. I cannot find it now. I have purchased the free book of the month and would like to put it in my library.

Bob

Bob Deacon

Dell Inspiron, Windows 10 Latest Update

MacBook Air (2017) Mojave

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Motorola G6 Play (android 8.3.1)

Posts 21574
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2018 5:39 AM

Bob Deacon:
I cannot find where I enter or use the "update now" command.

It's entered in the command box

Posts 490
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2018 8:07 AM

Graham,

Thanks for the reply. That DOES NOT work on my box! When I first upgraded to L8 and was using the released version update now was found in the "about Logos" section. After upgrading to the latest beta I cannot find update now anymore! As stated, I purchased the free book of the month (2 Timothy and Titus) but it is not in my library so I attempted a "update now" but I tried what you suggested and I get nothing. You used to get a dialog box in lower right hand corner that said, "checking of updates". I DO NOT get that anymore nor does it update!

Bob

Bob Deacon

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Posts 21574
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2018 8:42 AM

Bob Deacon:
That DOES NOT work on my box!

Please post a screenshot showing what you get when you enter that command.

Posts 2373
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2018 8:43 AM

Bob,

Can you retry the command? Did you click on Update Now when it populates in the Command Box? I'm not able to reproduce this. Also can you check your About page and verify that you are on the Beta channel?

Posts 490
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2018 8:50 AM

I suspect this is a SERIOUS user error! I cannot find the command box! I click on "tools" tab which displays and when I enter "update now" in the box at the top of the tools tab it takes me no where! 

Bob Deacon

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Posts 490
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2018 8:53 AM

Ok, I figured it out. The box on the "home" screen which NO longer says "enter command or passage" is actually the command box! Sorry for the false alarm!

Bob Deacon

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Posts 2373
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2018 8:54 AM

Hi Bob,

The Command Box is not in the Tools Menu. Below is where it is and I've typed in the command to Update Now, which is why it's in the box. I hope that helps.

Posts 2373
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2018 8:58 AM

Bob Deacon:

Ok, I figured it out.

Glad you found it.

Posts 490
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2018 9:01 AM

Not exactly sure why I am having so many issues converting from 7 to 8 but even though I am reasonably technologically savvy, I sure feel like a dunderhead this morning. So sorry for all the excitement I have caused.

Bob

Bob Deacon

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Posts 2373
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2018 9:11 AM

Bob Deacon:

Not exactly sure why I am having so many issues converting from 7 to 8 but even though I am reasonably technologically savvy, I sure feel like a dunderhead this morning. So sorry for all the excitement I have caused.

Bob

No worries Bob, it is sometimes hard to transition from one version of an application to another. If you have time you might find these videos that have been updated to reflect Logos 8 helpful. https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000675231

Posts 490
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2018 10:08 AM

Thank ALL of you for the help. Very thankful for GRACE today! I have already begun looking at the videos. Thank you!

Bob

Bob Deacon

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Posts 24447
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2018 5:38 AM

Bob Deacon:
When I first upgraded to L8 and was using the released version update now was found in the "about Logos" section.

Bob, I can confirm that you are sane. That command/link appeared in Help >> About Logos when a software update was available in 8.0 (and it worked). Note that I have Automatically Download set to NO.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 490
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2018 6:29 AM

Thank you Dave, I do feel somewhat better. I have been using L8 almost exclusively here of late and like what I see excluding the iOS app which has become frightful (compared to L7)!

Bob

Bob Deacon

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS