8.1 beta 2 - Multiple Resource button is highlighted when I open a new resource

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5602
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 15 2018 1:56 PM

The mulitple resource view button is on for every resource I open for the first time the current version.  I can turn it off, and it stays off for that resource, but it looks like the default value is "on" for some reason.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 2862
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2018 2:52 PM

I've noticed this in every version since the private betas. I can't figure out a rhyme or reason to it as it doesn't even seem to be a "standard default" it just kind of picks and chooses which resources are lit up and which ones are not.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 2100
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2018 3:16 PM

Hi Todd and David,

I can't reproduce this. So far the only resources I see this turned on are on ones that I have opened and left it turned on when I close it. Is it possible that is what happened that you had opened it at some point in the past and it shows up? Does this happen with resources that are brand new to your libraries? 

Thanks,

Philana

Posts 25613
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2018 3:22 PM

I have the same problem as Todd Phillips. I tested on resources I never use i.e. last accessed Dec 27, 2016. I tried a Bible Dictionary and doubt that I've ever used the multi-resource view on Bible dictionaries. It does not occur on any of the resources downloaded Tuesday.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2131
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2018 3:37 PM

I am on a Mac and concur with this finding. It appears the default is on.

Posts 2996
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2018 3:47 PM

Yes it is random on my system- some yes- others no- also some volumes such as CAV1 does not show it, but CAV2 does.

Posts 2862
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2018 3:58 PM

Philana R. Crouch:

Hi Todd and David,

I can't reproduce this. So far the only resources I see this turned on are on ones that I have opened and left it turned on when I close it. Is it possible that is what happened that you had opened it at some point in the past and it shows up? Does this happen with resources that are brand new to your libraries? 

Thanks,

Philana

I just got this resource and this is the first time opening it. AYBD

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 10332
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2018 5:41 AM

Philana R. Crouch:
I can't reproduce this

Like the others in this thread, I can reproduce this intermittently—mainly for resources that have been in man library for more than a couple od months.

Posts 5602
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2018 1:22 PM

I forgot to state that I am on a Mac, if it makes a difference.

Philana R. Crouch:
Is it possible that is what happened that you had opened it at some point in the past and it shows up?

No, I never really use the feature and it's showing up on obscure books and new books

Philana R. Crouch:
Does this happen with resources that are brand new to your libraries? 

Yes.  Edit: Well, actually maybe not.  I can't reliably determine when it happens.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 2100
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2018 10:23 AM

Todd Phillips:

The mulitple resource view button is on for every resource I open for the first time the current version.  I can turn it off, and it stays off for that resource, but it looks like the default value is "on" for some reason.

Hi Todd,

I did create a case for this issue, hopefully a dev can figure out how to consistently reproduce it.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS