Topic Study Layout from GO Box

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 24340
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 19 2018 5:19 AM

In Changes from Logos 7 to Logos 8 it was suggested that "The Logos 8 Go box doesn’t yet handle topics in the same way as Logos 7 did. Instead, you’ll need to enter a command such as Open Topic to love in the Go box and choose “Topic” from the Layouts suggestions." This works reasonably well in Logos 8.0, and lead to my involvement in the "Search in 8 vs 7" thread; where it was stated that it did not work in 8.1 Beta. And indeed it does not.

What is happening?

Open Topic to is primarily a Guide command, where Topic is the new one-section Guide. And it is eminently suited to having a Layout suggestion that would open the "Topic Study" layout. It could work equally well for Open Topic Guide to. But it doesn't in 8.1 Beta.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2040
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2018 7:04 AM

It looks like it has been generalized to the form

Open <Layout> to <Ref>

These work:

Open Topic Study to Love

Open Bible Study to Jn3.16

Open Lectionary to Dec 25 (Well, not quite, It doesn't offer a lectionary layout but lists avail resources)

Note that Open Topic Study opens the layout, Open Topic Guide opens the guide. This is probably why Open Topic no longer works: it needs to be disambiguated.

Posts 24340
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2018 2:27 PM

Dave Hooton:
What is happening?

Faithlife...

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2000
LogosEmployee

Dave Hooton:

Dave Hooton:
What is happening?

Faithlife...

Randy has it exactly right. I'll make a note to update the "Changes" document when the stable version ships with these changes.

Posts 24340
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2018 3:47 PM

There is still some ambiguity with Lectionary (the layout), although the only issue I've found is that:

open lectionary  uses Nov 18 for RCL in the Layout option

open lectionary reading  uses Nov 22 for RCL in Layout option

open RCL uses 22 Nov

whilst open RCL Daily uses 21 Nov

My computer date is 21 November 10.30 am

I'm don't understand  lectionaries, but it seems that RCL can be either Nov 18 or Nov 22, but why use both?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 25956
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2018 3:56 PM

More than you ever wanted to know about the RCL.

• The Daily RCL is a recent addition of readings in support of the Sunday reading Mon-Wed reflect on the previous Sunday, Thurs-Sat reflect upon the upcoming Sunday
  • Opening the RCL alone should provide Sunday readings or in this case Thanksgiving which is treated as a Feast Day i.e. appears in the Sunday lectionary not the daily lectionary.
  • Opening the Daily RCL should provide the readings for today's date

So,yes, it is an American plot to confuse Auzzies Wink

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 24340
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2018 7:53 PM

So, it's OK for one lectionary layout to use Nov 18 whilst the other uses Nov 22?

(I prefer Aussie to your spelling!)

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 25956
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 1:31 AM

After having 5 hours of all communication down ...

If you ask for RCL vs. RCL Daily, I would expect the difference; if you ask for the same lectionary, I'd expect consistent results.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1619
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 10:44 AM

Mon-Wed reflect on the previous Sunday, Thurs-Sat reflect upon the upcoming Sunday

Thank-you! 

Regards, SteveF

Posts 24340
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 11:51 AM

MJ. Smith:
if you ask for the same lectionary, I'd expect consistent results.

Today, Thursday 22nd, I get consistent results for RCL in the two layout options, as well as for RCL as a resource. But yesterday, the 21st, one layout used Nov 18 and the other used Nov 22, whilst RCL as a resource used Nov 22!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS