Suggestion: Search Within Filtered Library View

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 228
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 20 2018 9:30 AM

Now that we can have multiple Library Views open with different filtering applied  it would be really useful if those views were available for selection as an "in" for a Basic Search.

Posts 21986
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2018 9:43 AM

Graham Owen:
it would be really useful if those views were available for selection as an "in" for a Basic Search.

Do you mean if a filter such as on the left could generate a search constraint as on the right?

If so, I think that's a great idea but just wanting to make sure I understand what you are suggesting.

Posts 228
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2018 10:19 AM

Graham Criddle:

Graham Owen:
it would be really useful if those views were available for selection as an "in" for a Basic Search.

Do you mean if a filter such as on the left could generate a search constraint as on the right?

If so, I think that's a great idea but just wanting to make sure I understand what you are suggesting.

Yes that's how I imagined it.

Logical alternative would be to be able to "Save As Collection" a bit less elegant but still simpler than understanding how to create a Collection from scratch.

Personally I don't find collections that difficult but 40 years of IT experience helps and I think for a lot of new users the faceted view will make the library a lot more accessible so logically the ability to exploit its new power should be extended.

Posts 21986
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2018 12:04 PM

Graham Owen:
Logical alternative would be to be able to "Save As Collection" a bit less elegant but still simpler than understanding how to create a Collection from scratch.

Now there's an interesting thought!

If you apply the filters and then select the resources there is a "Save as Collection" option in the Information panel

Posts 228
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2018 12:31 PM

Graham Criddle:

Graham Owen:

Now there's an interesting thought!

If you apply the filters and then select the resources there is a "Save as Collection" option in the Information panel

Thanks Graham

I did not think to look on the information panel, I did look on the three dots to the top right for this as that's where the print/export is located for resources - it's a great feature though (even if the UI location fooled me!).

Still like your mock up based on my original description better though!

Posts 25032
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2018 3:41 PM

Graham Owen:
Still like your mock up based on my original description better though!

So do I!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS