Logos 7 Basis wont Install

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Richard A. Ernst | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 20 2018 6:20 PM

Logos 7 Basis wont Install

OS = Windows 10 Home

symptoms = Logos Bible Software Setup; Please wait while Setup downloads files.  Hangs on "Downloading DirectX Setup 32-Bit Piece..."

Internet connection is verified as good. Many of the installer files download ok.

Running installer as "Administrator"

Please advise

Posts 24473
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2018 8:01 PM

Richard A. Ernst:
Running installer as "Administrator"

Do NOT run Logos installation (or Logos itself) as Administrator. Try again, but first start logging, and upload the compressed log file folder if you have problems.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3
Richard A. Ernst | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2018 12:39 PM

Only account on this laptop (Win10 Home Ed) and its a Administrative user account (Have tried just running the installer, as well as in Administrative mode).  No help

I've been able to install Logos 7 Basic on another of my Win10 Pro machines with no problem

Installer always hangs on "Downloading DirectX Setup 32-bit" files.

DXDIAG runs clean (indicates DirectX v12 and no problems).

What specific logging and how to check if its turned on?/ Where are the Logos 7 Basic installer files located?

Still looking for help on getting this installed.

Thanks

Rich

Posts 24473
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2018 2:55 PM

Richard A. Ernst:
Only account on this laptop (Win10 Home Ed) and its a Administrative user account (Have tried just running the installer, as well as in Administrative mode). 

You can run/install in any type of user account, but do NOT use "run as administrator". If it needs admin privilege, it will let you know!

Richard A. Ernst:
What specific logging and how to check if its turned on?/

Click on the blue logging link in my last post.

Richard A. Ernst:
Where are the Logos 7 Basic installer files located?

The exact server depends on where (country/region) you live. As long as you can download the main installer file and run it, we can help you get it working.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3
Richard A. Ernst | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 25 2018 3:15 PM

Problem Solved.  On Windows10 Home edition, I had to install the additional Graphics Options (additional DirectX components).  Once this was done, the software installer proceeded past the point it was hanging up on (DirectX component downloads).

Software is installed and functional!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS