Can Logos show 'ACTUAL' discount rate at the product page

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 37 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 9927
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2018 11:16 AM

I'm believe 'sale' means discounted price. It doesn't mean 'we don't charge you twice'. In our state anyway, for which FL has operations.

In theory, they could visit Bellingham Junior College for another word. Granted, that'd be unimpressively honest.

Posts 3037
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2018 11:43 AM

Since some want to see the sale discount, while others want to see the total discount, perhaps FL could make one small addition to the popup that might satisfy both parties:

On a related note, I'd like to see this type of popup added back to base packages, so we can actually see our expected (e.g., Introductory, Connect, and/or Academic) discount being applied to libraries and base packages.

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2018 12:31 PM

PetahChristian:

Since some want to see the sale discount, while others want to see the total discount, perhaps FL could make one small addition to the popup that might satisfy both parties:

On a related note, I'd like to see this type of popup added back to base packages, so we can actually see our expected (e.g., Introductory, Connect, and/or Academic) discount being applied to libraries and base packages.

This set up on base packages, as Petah indicates, would be excellent on large libraries, these base packages, and large collections as well.

Posts 638
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2018 3:14 PM

Celeste Fiorillo:

Thanks for the feedback. 
I wanted to make sure you knew that we have a tooltip that helps explain how the discount is calculated based on what you own and what sale might be happening:

Showing us a toolkit that 99% of users don't know about is a poor explanation. Logos has been using deceptive discount labels for years. I am tired of it. 

Posts 398
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2018 3:46 PM

SineNomine:

I'm with James.

Me too...

Posts 9819
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2018 3:52 PM

PetahChristian:

Yes! Since I try to do exactly that math in my head anyways, it would help a lot.

And also to somehow differentiate the red "sales" entries in the wishlist between "just" DP and a sale going on right now for this product would be helpful. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 3037
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2018 5:30 PM

NB.Mick:
And also to somehow differentiate the red "sales" entries in the wishlist between "just" DP and a sale going on right now for this product would be helpful.

Yes, it would be great for sale items to stand out from products priced at our regular dynamic price that aren't on sale.

I hope a change like that could also applied to the store, letting us also sort by actual sale discounts.

I'd think customers would be more likely to buy an item that a sale discounts by 90%, rather than a dynamically priced item that is not on sale at all.

Posts 665
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2018 2:28 AM

Into Grace:

Showing us a toolkit that 99% of users don't know about is a poor explanation. Logos has been using deceptive discount labels for years. I am tired of it. 

If nothing else can be taken from the thread, I think it’s proof that a proportion of the replies are from people who like (even prefer) the current system - in light of that, it doesn’t seem fair (to me) to call it deceptive.

If they can add in the percentage on different rows then nobody is worse off, and if they could make it visible without clicking the tooltip (without complicating the page too much) then it seems like a positive win for almost every need - the only issue that I think would be left if they implemented that would be the discount they show on the list view (search results). Obviously we disagree on that one and it seems unavoidable that one of us will have the less preferred option.

Posts 638
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2018 5:53 AM

James McAdams:

Into Grace:

If nothing else can be taken from the thread, I think it’s proof that a proportion of the replies are from people who like (even prefer) the current system - in light of that, it doesn’t seem fair (to me) to call it deceptive.

I make no apologies. I believe that Logos is deceptive in the savings they display for dynamic prices. 

Posts 665
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2018 6:26 AM

Into Grace:

I make no apologies. I believe that Logos is deceptive in the savings they display for dynamic prices. 

But how do you account for the people (like me) who say they think this system is more helpful for them? Could it not be the case that people might simply have different points of view on this topic without anyone being deceptive/dishonest?

Posts 638
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2018 6:56 AM

James McAdams:

Into Grace:

But how do you account for the people (like me) who say they think this system is more helpful for them? Could it not be the case that people might simply have different points of view on this topic without anyone being deceptive/dishonest?

I’m only speaking for myself. We both have a right to our opinions. I don’t have any anger towards you. Blessings

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2018 6:56 AM

James McAdams:

Into Grace:

Into Grace says its bad.  James says its good.  Both are right from their point of view.

James' opinion is not better because it can be construed as nicer.  Both opinions are judgements; one gathers data, and then decides.

I hold the opinion that the monetary listing should be as Petah suggests.  I believe FL can do better here.

Is my opinion better?  To me, yes; to others, maybe not.

Posts 3037
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2018 8:05 AM

James McAdams:
the only issue that I think would be left if they implemented that would be the discount they show on the list view (search results)

If FL let us also sort by the sale discount, I wouldn't mind if the list view still showed the total discount. It would be enough for me to have the 90% off sales at the top, and the 0% off dynamic prices at the bottom.

Posts 3037
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2018 8:30 AM

James McAdams:
if they could make it visible without clicking the tooltip (without complicating the page too much)

Sale item product pages have a "Sale" indicator on the top left corner of their product image.

Perhaps FL could overlay the sale percentage there? It would be subtle, so it probably wouldn't complicate the page at all.

Posts 13141
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2018 10:45 AM

PetahChristian:

James McAdams:
the only issue that I think would be left if they implemented that would be the discount they show on the list view (search results)

If FL let us also sort by the sale discount, I wouldn't mind if the list view still showed the total discount. It would be enough for me to have the 90% off sales at the top, and the 0% off dynamic prices at the bottom.

It already works like this. Sorting by savings doesn't take dynamic pricing savings into consideration. Notice that the two dynamically priced products display a high percentage saving, but they're sorted with the other products that are around 37% off.

Posts 3037
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2018 11:07 AM

Mark Barnes:
It already works like this. Sorting by savings doesn't take dynamic pricing savings into consideration. Notice that the two dynamically priced products display a high percentage saving, but they're sorted with the other products that are around 37% off.

Ah, I had definitely noticed that "odd" sorting before, but assumed it was a bug, and had no idea what it was actually showing.

Thanks, Mark, great to know that feature already is there!

Posts 2950
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2018 7:45 PM

PetahChristian:

...perhaps FL could make one small addition to the popup that might satisfy both parties:

Now there's a very good idea.

PetahChristian:

Yes, please!

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS