Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3626
Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 21 2018 1:10 AM

This is my second month with Connect and I must say that I find its "ebooks" benefit a joke. 

First, the selection of originals is too small. Between what I already own, what I could possibly be interested in, and the fact that apparently 80% of this month's 8 offerings are the same as last month's, "picking" one's "gift" is a depressing exercise. Feels like being served leftovers at a restaurant. 

Second, the selection of classics is a mess. The site is poorly constructed and it is difficult to navigate titles to find what one wants. Considering that many are just public domain junk, it's another depressing and time-wasting exercise.

Third, Runge's HD commentary on Romans keeps appearing in classics but when I tried to use my code for it last month I was told it was a mistake. Still there.

Fourth, even with all this, the coupon codes are showing as invalid code. I gave up. 

WHATEVER. This is a really, really poor experience.

Posts 3076
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 2:25 AM

Welcome to our World.

Posts 51
LogosEmployee
Jake Press (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 6:06 AM

Hi Francis, 

We thank you for your feedback. Like any new product, learning from our customers is how we will continue to improve upon the products and services we offer to our customers. Our products are geared towards improving the lives of those that partake in using them. That said, the primary reason for Faithlife Connect is to offer an affordable and convenient subscription to Logos 8, plus any future version of the bible study software we are all proud to continue working on each day. The additional "bonus" benefits of Ebooks, Courses, and TV included in the subscription, provides new things for you each month. 

We do recognize that our Original selection for Ebooks isn't a lot of titles at the moment. And just like any other service offering original content, we too will grow our original library offering. Originals across both Ebooks and TV is something we are investing in and provides an added bonus to the Faithlife Connect subscription that supports the customers and fans of Logos Bible Software. 

We agree that Classics can be improved for how customers select this category of content. We are looking into a better way to curate and make monthly recommendations just like we do with Originals. We will improve this experience too, it just takes some time. 

We have great plans for Connect in 2019 to help you explore, discover and most importantly get the most out your Bible study experience.

re: Coupon Code - My team will look into this and get back to you next week after Thanksgiving. 

Thank you!

The Connect Team 

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 6:11 AM

The most helpful thing you can do to improve the "Classics" is filter out books we already own!

Posts 51
LogosEmployee
Jake Press (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 6:27 AM

Noted. It's on the list for 2019 :).

Thank you! 

Posts 3626
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 7:12 AM

Thanks, Jake, for the reply and explanation.

I understand that the primary purpose is to give access to Logos 8 but to the extent that additional benefits are listed as part of the package, there is an expectation that goes with it.

Lexham and Kirkdale Press have much more to offer than the meager selection in "originals". Could not originals be a larger pool subscribers can pick from as is the case for classics?

For classics, users have been complaining for a while about the way the website works. Even though there have been a couple announced upgrades to the site, for the most part its functionality remains poor. What is difficult to understand for users is why there is such a difference in quality between the ebook search page and the one from Logos. The tech is already developed, why not use it across all your sites?

Concerning Runge's HD Romans: is this available as classics yes or no? If not, please remove it. 

Concerning the coupon code, I had forgotten I had used it already. Not sure whether there would be a better way to signify this than "invalid code".

Looking forward to improvements... hopefully soon. 

Posts 10426
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 8:59 AM

Francis:
Lexham and Kirkdale Press have much more to offer than the meager selection in "originals". Could not originals be a larger pool subscribers can pick from as is the case for classics?

Second the motion! Yes

Posts 3037
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 11:19 AM

Jack Caviness:

Francis:

Second the motion! Yes

Yes, please. When the free Originals book was initially offered, we had a much larger and better selection of books to choose from.  Recently, I've been choosing a book I'd settle for. It would be wonderful if FL would revert to the number and type of offerings we used to be able to choose from.

Posts 20
Brent Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2018 8:42 AM

Last month, the code didn't work for me for either original or classic ebooks.  This is not a new problem for me (but I haven't tracked it).  This month (Dec), I got a classic book (code worked) but I'm trying to get "300 quotations from the early church" and the code doesn't work.  It adds it as a valid code (check mark), but it does not apply any discount. . .just like last month and in previous experiences (aka this is an ongoing problem)

Connect is a good product (for me) but the codes need to work each month.  It is pretty much a guaranteed bad experienced when I look through a meager selection of original ebooks only to have the code not work on the one I choose.

Brent

Posts 1787
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2018 10:57 AM

PetahChristian:

Jack Caviness:

Francis:

Second the motion! Yes

Yes, please. When the free Originals book was initially offered, we had a much larger and better selection of books to choose from.  Recently, I've been choosing a book I'd settle for. It would be wonderful if FL would revert to the number and type of offerings we used to be able to choose from.

👍🏽While I definitely don't complain about Connect as a whole, I've been very underwhelmed by the originals selection (barring what I already own of course!).

Posts 17809
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2018 11:56 AM

Jake Press (Faithlife):
Noted. It's on the list for 2019 :).

Looking forward to filtering out resources already owned. Also hoping for https://ebooks.faithlife.com/originals modification to show titles already owned: e.g. this month has 70 % already owned (so an expanded pool of choices would be appreciated)

Dreaming of a Logos 8 Ultimate owner's classic book pool (been awhile since had something redeemable).

Keep Smiling Smile 

Posts 2950
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2018 5:13 PM

Francis:
Second, the selection of classics is a mess. The site is poorly constructed and it is difficult to navigate titles to find what one wants. Considering that many are just public domain junk, it's another depressing and time-wasting exercise.

Until that site is fixed, shop for them on Logos.com instead. And be glad, if you can, that your selection of available Classics is bigger and better than the one that I, as a Verbum Now member, have access to for my lone monthly free book.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS