Disable Citations in Logos 8 iPad app?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 25
John Murphy | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 21 2018 12:43 PM

Since I upgraded to Logos 8, everytime I try to copy/paste a verse from a Bible or text from any other resource it automatically puts a reference or citation with the text. Is there a way to disable this? It didn’t happen before I upgraded. 

Thanks in advance for any help provided! 

Posts 20556
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 2:03 PM

Under Tools -> Program Settings you can configure wherher footnotes or citations are copied.

Worth checking how they are set 

I’m not at my computer at the moment so cant provide screenshots 

EDIT: apologies I missed this was iPad related 

Posts 70
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 6:43 PM

I can't replicate this on the iPad app.  I just tried copying from a resource (New Testament Theology by I Howard Marshall) and then pasting in Google Docs.  As far as I was aware citations have never been enabled for the web app nor for the ios app.  I sure hope citations are coming some day (but with an option for turning it off).  

Posts 20556
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 10:38 PM

Paul:
I can't replicate this on the iPad app. 

I get a Bible reference when copying from a biblical text but no footnote / citation from another type of resource.

John - are you able to expand on what you are seeing? Ideally with screenshots (use the paperclip icon in the forum editor)

Posts 25
John Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2018 3:49 PM

Graham - sorry for the delayed response. I was having trouble replicating this myself and then I remembered it only happened when I was using the Apple Pencil to select/copy/paste the text (see attached screenshot). If I select/copy/paste the text using my finger rather than the Apple Pencil it doesn’t copy over a citation. Weird...

Posts 20556
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2018 11:39 PM

Hi John

Fascinating - and I wanted to try that.

But copy/pasting that part of that commentary did produce a citation for me whether I used my finger or the Apple Pencil!

I don’t know how to control whether they are included or not

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS