Anyone been able to get Atlas Media Collections to populate?

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 25956
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 25 2018 12:17 AM

How do I get this feature to do something? anything?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 13063
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 25 2018 12:27 AM

Try, for example, the Gabriel etc. map (also under Life of Jesus).

Posts 21530
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 25 2018 12:36 AM

MJ. Smith:

Yes - but quite limited and I suspect only relates to the "Logos Bible Maps, Vol x" collections

This has something.

but selecting the "event" for that doesn't

Posts 25956
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 25 2018 12:37 AM

Thank you, Mark and Graham ... now I've at least seen an example of results ...

Graham, is what you are showing a bug or an undocumented feature?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 13063
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 25 2018 12:55 AM

MJ. Smith:
Graham, is what you are showing a bug or an undocumented feature?

Neither. It's the way it's designed to work.

Selecting the event (or person/place) in Atlas, is only intended to display a list of maps that match that event (or person/place). You're supposed to select the map below in order to proceed. The media collections are tied into specific maps, not events or people.

The media, therefore, gives you a presentation-friendly version of the map for use in PowerPoint or Proclaim.

Posts 25956
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 25 2018 12:59 AM

Thanks for the explanation.

Posts 13063
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 25 2018 1:03 AM

By the way, you can see all these media collections in the Media Browser. Filter by "Logos Bible Maps, Vol. 1" (or vol. 2) in the Media Collection facet. There are 132 of them in English.

Posts 25956
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 25 2018 2:38 AM

Thank you - useful information.

Posts 47
DanC | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 25 2018 6:46 AM

The old Logos Bible Atlas stand alone software was better. I used it for years but it will not work any longer in MS Windows 10. I liked how you could customize every map, select whatever cities you wanted to see on the map, and then put it in 3D format and be able to see elevation differences. 

MJ. Smith:

Posts 9858
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 25 2018 7:12 AM

DanC:

The old Logos Bible Atlas stand alone software was better. I used it for years but it will not work any longer in MS Windows 10. I liked how you could customize every map, select whatever cities you wanted to see on the map, and then put it in 3D format and be able to see elevation differences. 

Still hums along, though I use BibleMapper more (same choose and edit).  No offense intended to Logos, but I can't remember using Logos Atlas. More so, the various Bible Atlas resources.

Posts 8769
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 25 2018 10:36 AM

Denise:

DanC:

Still hums along, though I use BibleMapper more (same choose and edit).  No offense intended to Logos, but I can't remember using Logos Atlas. More so, the various Bible Atlas resources.

Still wishing for Carta maps in Logos.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3642
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 25 2018 1:22 PM

DanC:
The old Logos Bible Atlas stand alone software was better.

Yes +1

It was the best Bible Atlas I've ever used... & still is, if it'd just work. 

Posts 47
DanC | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2018 10:32 AM

I have tried to load Logos Bible Atlas using the compatibility mode for Windows 95, but it still does not load, saying "This app can't run on our PC." 

Dan

BillS:

DanC:
The old Logos Bible Atlas stand alone software was better.

Yes +1

It was the best Bible Atlas I've ever used... & still is, if it'd just work. 

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2018 1:48 PM

Bruce Dunning:
Still wishing for Carta maps in Logos.

Without sounding ungrateful for the amazing tools that we currently have, on my wish list is still an Atlas tool that blows us out of the water.  

Posts 25956
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2018 5:24 PM

Donovan R. Palmer:
on my wish list is still an Atlas tool that blows us out of the water.  

Not disagreeing but as I am currently documenting parts of the Atlas process I find some important features missing, but I can't honestly prioritize them over some more basic missing functions.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS