Logos 8 Academic

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 2311
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 27 2018 5:23 AM

I've just come across the academic base packages, and wonder why they've not been announced officially.

https://www.logos.com/product/165461/logos-8-academic-essentials

They're geared toward original language study, so they're not for me, but maybe interesting for others here.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 1945
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 5:42 AM

Thanks for pointing this out

Posts 242
David Owh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 6:23 AM

Jan Krohn:

I've just come across the academic base packages, and wonder why they've not been announced officially.

https://www.logos.com/product/165461/logos-8-academic-essentials

They're geared toward original language study, so they're not for me, but maybe interesting for others here.

Thank you Jan Krohn 👍

Logos 8 Win 10

Posts 3219
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 6:40 AM

It looks like it's sellable to non-academics. (Normally the add-to-cart button would be greyed out for me.)

Also, it's got a "Base Package Track Academic Marker Resource" which probably shouldn't show up (or be counted as one of the new-to-me items).

Until FL lets us know whether this package is meant to be limited to customers who get academic pricing, you might want to hold off on purchasing it. Keep in mind that if you ever plan or need to transfer (or sell) your library, an academic license might limit who you could transfer/sell it to.

Posts 1019
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 6:47 AM

PetahChristian:

Also, it's got a "Base Package Track Academic Marker Resource" which probably shouldn't show up (or be counted as one of the new-to-me items).

Do you have any idea what that thing is?  Something to flag the package as an "academic" package, perhaps?

Posts 494
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 8:29 AM

EastTN:
Do you have any idea what that thing is?

sounds like it’s either a link towards the NSA or a kind of Illuminati confirmation. 😉 can’t say more here, they’re listening...

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 3236
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2018 4:09 PM

I was interested at first but bdag is stuck in the top package

Posts 80
Kevin Wang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2018 12:13 AM

The essentials has the Rahlf's reverse interlinear, which has not been available for a while if I remember. Great pickup. 

Posts 455
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2018 12:47 AM

Thank you, Jan!

Posts 55
Thaddeus Billman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2018 6:02 PM

This is great.  I can pick up An Introduction to Biblical Greek & Learning Biblical Hebrew for my choice of $4.22 (Essentials), $5.81 (Premium), or $4.78 (Premium) as I own everything else below Professional.  That should give everyone some idea of the different discount levels between those 3 options.

What actually is great is that I can pick up those two plus TDOT for under $55 in the Pro package.  Yes please!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS