Did my Platinum 4 install correctly? Some Data for confirmation

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 16
Ultralight | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 26 2010 11:08 PM

Apologies for posting two threads almost back to back.  I normally try to respect any forum by limiting my threads so that others have the space to have their threads near the top.   however, this is important as I'm leaving in two days.

1. Downloading Platinum 4.

a. Closed the download at 39%.

b. When I restarted the download, it showed 78% or something like that.  I was surprised to see the jump and have no idea how it happened as I definitely shut down the download in between.

2. Indexing.  Took all of only 2 hours??

3. My DATA folder is 11.6 gb with 2854 files.

DOCUMENT folder is 382 kb with 34 files, 29 folders.

USER folder is 8 kb with 1 file.

Blessings,

UL

Posts 25375
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 1:56 AM

The folder sizes look OK but only the resource numbers will tell the story (assuming you have no other resources than what came with Platinum).

Start L4. In Library (click the open Book icon at top left) how many resources are shown in the Find bar?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 16
Ultralight | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 8:50 AM

Huge Thanks Dave.

Next to the blinking cursor, it lists 1,304.  I'm supposed to have more than the regular Platinum due to some 3.0 Gold holdovers.

Thanks,

UL

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 9:00 AM

Ultralight:

Huge Thanks Dave.

Next to the blinking cursor, it lists 1,304.  I'm supposed to have more than the regular Platinum due to some 3.0 Gold holdovers.

Thanks,

UL

One possability is that you used a different userid for Platinum then for Gold, which would not bring the gold holdovers into 4.0, but that is only a guess.

Posts 16
Ultralight | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 12:34 PM

Greetings,

I'm darting in and out so my responses are quick.

Rereading my response, I realize that I wasn't clear.  When I said that I should have more than the regular Platinum, I am not saying that I should have more than what is showing up.  Simply that I would have a bit more items than a regular Platinum due to previous licenses.

Thanks!

UL

Posts 25375
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 5:49 PM

Ultralight:
Simply that I would have a bit more items than a regular Platinum due to previous licenses.

The advertising for Platinum states "over 1150" and "almost 1250" resources! So it looks like you are complete.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS