8.0.6.191 custom user series not working(?)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1237
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 28 2018 10:45 AM

Unless I'm missing something the new "- Allow custom user series when linking resources. Previously limited to just bible commentary series." isn't working for me.

I have the Lexham Hebrew Bible & the SBL Greek New Testament in a series I call LHB/SBLGNT. I have ESV linked to the LHB but when I navigate to the NT in the ESV, the LHB fails to switch to SBLGNT.

Posts 102
LogosEmployee
Todd Diehl (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2018 3:22 PM

Reuben, this appears to be an issue with the "/" in the name of your series. If you remove the slash (for now), it should work. I'll open a bug report to fix that issue.

Posts 1237
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2018 1:37 AM

Thanks for your response, Todd!

I've renamed the series, removed and re-downloaded the ESV, LHB, and SBLGNT, waited, restarted the app, etc.

Is there anything else I can do to get this to work (preferably besides a complete reinstall)?

Thanks!

Posts 102
LogosEmployee
Todd Diehl (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2018 8:52 AM

Hmm, there shouldn't be anything you would need to do other than wait for the user series name to sync. So, ensure that desktop syncs, and then force-restart the app on your iOS device and wait a minute or too should be more than adequate.

Posts 20553
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2018 9:05 AM

May be worth saying it is working fine for me!

I have a series - "OL Bibles" - defined as below

I set up a split screen on my ipad - with the two "splits" linked - and a Bible and NA28 open.

When I moved to an OT passage, the NA28 was replaced with the LHB

Posts 1237
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2018 12:11 PM

Todd Diehl (Faithlife):

Hmm, there shouldn't be anything you would need to do other than wait for the user series name to sync. So, ensure that desktop syncs, and then force-restart the app on your iOS device and wait a minute or too should be more than adequate.

I had several times done what you recommend without effect. However, (likely unrelated) since updating to 8.0.7, it's now working for me so I'm good to go!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS