Logos 7 Keeps Crashing

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Richard E. Reynolds | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 8 2018 10:19 PM

Hi, hope all is well.

Here is what happens when Logos 7 crashes. I also attached the zipped log files.

I click on Documents, go to Word List, go to Add, change Add lemmas to SGLGNT, type in reference box John 1, hit enter and then it crashes. It has crashed about 10 times doing this. Please let me know what I can do to fix this bug.

Thanks so much.

Posts 26467
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 8 2018 10:39 PM

You have a database that cannot be opened. I'll let someone with more experience reading the logs tell you which database needs to be rebuilt.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 21914
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 8 2018 11:54 PM

Hi Richard - and welcome to the forums

I think the database file that is causing problems is:

C:\Users\St. Nicholas\AppData\Local\Logos\Documents\utwb1dw0.1pf\ReferenceWordCounts\ReferenceWordCountManager.db

Try deleting that and starting Logos again

Graham

Posts 5
Richard E. Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2018 8:03 PM

Hello Graham,

Thank you for the help. I deleted the database and tried again and it still crashed just as before. Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks again.

Posts 5
Richard E. Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2018 8:04 PM

Thank for the reply nevertheless! :]

Posts 27673
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2018 9:14 PM

Richard E. Reynolds:
I deleted the database and tried again and it still crashed just as before. Do you have any other ideas?

I am only a quasi techie, and unfortunately can't be of help here. However, I do know that in cases like this sometimes a couple sets of logs are needed. Since you deleted the database, it may be helpful to provide a new set of logs. In doing so, the problem may reveal itself. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 24919
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 10 2018 4:50 PM

Richard E. Reynolds:

Hello Graham,

Thank you for the help. I deleted the database and tried again and it still crashed just as before. Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks again.

It's connected with Pronunciations data, but I'm not sure what database. I recommend you consult Customer Service.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 5
Richard E. Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2018 8:18 AM

4606.Logos Log Files.zip

Here is the latest logs for the crash. It is still crashing doing the exact same this I posted in my first post.

Thanks to all for any help you may have.

Posts 5
Richard E. Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2018 4:43 PM

Hi All,

I decided to just uninstall and reinstall the software and it is working fine now. Thanks to all for the help.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS