8.1 (8.1.0.0016) is Now Available

Page 1 of 5 (96 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 95 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 2635
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 10 2018 1:58 PM

To immediately update to the current stable version enter the Update Now command. Otherwise, the app will automatically update the next time it's scheduled to check for updates.

Release Notes

Download Link

Posts 3013
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 10 2018 6:19 PM

Yes

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 329
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 10 2018 9:41 PM

This update is great! Yes

Posts 1103
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 10 2018 11:58 PM

I'm glad to see this update but: 6 weeks on and no updates to the Theology Guide dataset?

Posts 26511
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2018 12:52 AM

Sean:

I'm glad to see this update but: 6 weeks on and no updates to the Theology Guide dataset?

Hey, there's no date function on the lectionaries either so just wait in line.Stick out tongue

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 987
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2018 4:48 AM

Yes Thanks Philana and the FL team. 

Posts 8941
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2018 5:34 AM

I'm very thankful for the continual improvements, especially now that highlights have returned to secondary resources in multiple resources view although it still needs some tweaking - see http://community.logos.com/forums/t/174383.aspx

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 240
Anthony Dowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2018 6:54 AM

Thanks to Philana and the team.

Great to see so many of the little bugs being ironed out.

Posts 2082
LogosEmployee

Sean:

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/176574.aspx

Posts 1103
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2018 9:06 AM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

Sean:

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/176574.aspx

• Systematic Theology Cross References: new resource added, resource updates.

Is that what the guide uses? I looked at a few articles, didn't see any changes to the STs it referred to.

Posts 2082
LogosEmployee

Sean:

• Systematic Theology Cross References: new resource added, resource updates.

Is that what the guide uses? I looked at a few articles, didn't see any changes to the STs it referred to.

Ack! You are correct. I keep getting these datasets mixed up. This is the dataset that powers the Systematic Theologies passage guide section, not the Systematic Theologies theology guide section.

Posts 5013
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2018 9:43 AM

So when are you going to put a link back into the software to the release notes?

Why did Logos remove this in the first place. Why did you think it was an improvement to make it harder for users to access the release notes (or what resources have been update for that matter by burying this information in the library). A user should not have to go to the forums or the Wiki site to find the release notes, they should be easily accessible from the software, preferably the home page. 

Most disappointing not to see such a basic piece of information that should never have been removed in the first place still not put back into the software after 6 weeks.

Posts 5013
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2018 10:03 AM

Any update on when the auto columns setting is going to be fixed on the home page.

Thank you for allowing me to finally turn off all of the advertising in the explore section of the home page.  I now only have feature suggestions displayed. It looks much less like a box of discarded jigsaw pieces though I would prefer to be able to control the number of cereal box collector cards it displays.

Posts 3013
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2018 10:08 AM

doc:

So when are you going to put a link back into the software to the release notes?

Why did Logos remove this in the first place. Why did you think it was an improvement to make it harder for users to access the release notes (or what resources have been update for that matter by burying this information in the library). A user should not have to go to the forums or the Wiki site to find the release notes, they should be easily accessible from the software, preferably the home page. 

Most disappointing not to see such a basic piece of information that should never have been removed in the first place still not put back into the software after 6 weeks.

I agree it should be brought back, and I think they said they are planning on it. But to be fair, you always had to go to the wiki for the notes but having the link was nice for sure.

How to upload logs

Posts 2082
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2018 10:15 AM

doc:
Why did Logos remove this in the first place.

We didn't modify the old home page. Instead, we completely started over from scratch. There wasn't time to implement the feature you are talking about in the new implementation, and the old implementation could not be kept, as it is not compatible with the new homepage. It's still on the list to do, but there have been higher priority issues that have kept us busy.

Posts 5013
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2018 4:23 PM

Yes you always had to go to the Wiki, but you the link was in front of you, I never said it was otherwise, I simply did not go into all the detail for brevity’s sake.

David Taylor Jr:

doc:

I agree it should be brought back, and I think they said they are planning on it. But to be fair, you always had to go to the wiki for the notes but having the link was nice for sure.

Posts 5013
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2018 4:39 PM
  1. The old home page was not broken so didn’t require starting  from scratch again.
  2. if you understood your customers you would have known customers expected these to be there when they loaded Logos 8 for the first time,
  3. The home page is the first impression a user gets of a new Logos release and putting to market a home page that is missing features and uncustomisable is a huge mistake I hope FL never make again.
  4. You bought off more than you could chew with the notes upgrade the home page should have been left alone.
  5. Going about things the way FL has with the Logos 8 release has been a message  from the company to users that we take our.Customers for granted.

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

doc:
Why did Logos remove this in the first place.

We didn't modify the old home page. Instead, we completely started over from scratch. There wasn't time to implement the feature you are talking about in the new implementation, and the old implementation could not be kept, as it is not compatible with the new homepage. It's still on the list to do, but there have been higher priority issues that have kept us busy.

Posts 2082
LogosEmployee

doc:

• The old home page was not broken so didn’t require starting  from scratch again.
  • if you understood your customers you would have known customers expected these to be there when they loaded Logos 8 for the first time,
  • The home page is the first impression a user gets of a new Logos release and putting to market a home page that is missing features and uncustomisable is a huge mistake I hope FL never make again.
  • You bought off more than you could chew with the notes upgrade the home page should have been left alone.
  • Going about things the way FL has with the Logos 8 release has been a message  from the company to users that we take our.Customers for granted.

I hope you can believe me when I say that we don't lightly make the decision to throw something away and start from scratch. There were (and still are) extremely good reasons for making the decision we made, including that the old implementation did not allow us to move forward in adding features that we want to add in the future.

I very much regret that this has been so upsetting for you (and others who share your opinion). I sincerely hope that your daily workflow is not excessively impaired until the time when we are able to provide a suitable replacement.

Posts 10177
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2018 6:20 PM

doc:

1. The old home page was not broken so didn’t require starting  from scratch again.
  2. if you understood your customers you would have known customers expected these to be there when they loaded Logos 8 for the first time,
  3. The home page is the first impression a user gets of a new Logos release and putting to market a home page that is missing features and uncustomisable is a huge mistake I hope FL never make again.
  4. You bought off more than you could chew with the notes upgrade the home page should have been left alone.
  5. Going about things the way FL has with the Logos 8 release has been a message  from the company to users that we take our.Customers for granted.

doc, how can you be so naive.

Logosians love cars ... used to be Cadallacs, but now Ferraris. Now, let's say the Italian car designer wanted to put in an engine that would go far faster. Future plans. So, they designed one, but it wasn't quite finished. But they put it in the new model anyway. And promised they'd try to finish it sometime .... priorities, priorities.

See?

Andrew's a good guy. And my old Ferrari 7 still does great at the track.

Posts 3013
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2018 7:28 PM

Honestly some people are going to complain no matter what Faithlife does.  

How to upload logs

Page 1 of 5 (96 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS