Bug: Resource text jumping/stuttering

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 58
Robert murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2019 3:57 AM

Try deleting the resource And redownloading it. 

You may have to do this for all your downloaded recourses.

I don’t know that this resolved my issue but that is when my issue stopped. 

Robert

Missionary in Bolivia

--------

iMac - Macbook Air - iPad - L7 Baptist Portfolio - Logos Now

Posts 2
David Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 17 2019 12:29 PM

i Understand your frustratio. Text disappear, will not highlight or cant select text. I’ve reloaded this program so many times my trying finger hurts.

Posts 2
David Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 17 2019 12:32 PM

Posts 0
Reply More

i Understand your frustratio. Text disappear, will not highlight or cant select text. I’ve reloaded this program so many times my trying finger hurts.

iPhone 8 plus

Posts 126
Robert Bigouette | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 29 2019 8:08 AM

Ahhhhh! This has been an issue for like 8 years. Seriously, this is the only app i use that does this. Steal one of the programmers from olive tree.

Posts 4
Justin C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2019 9:11 AM

I noticed that it stops jumping when you change your default Bible. It happens again when you switch workspaces by touching the workspace icon (it doesn’t happen when sliding over to the next one). It doesn’t happen on my iPhone but does happen on my iPad Pro 11”. 

Posts 247
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2019 9:51 AM

Justin, I am sorry to hear you have been having this problem.

We are working on fixing this problem.  In the meantime, you may be able to work around it by turning off Scrolling View:

1. Open the app. 
  2. Open a resource then tap on the screen to show the top/bottom controls. 
  3. Tap on the three-dot ("kebab") icon at the top right. 
  4. Choose "View Settings" then disable the "Scrolling View" option.
Posts 214
Anthony Dowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2019 9:59 AM

Hi Justin. There are other benefits to turning off scrolling on mobile devices. Selecting and highlighting is much, much, easier. With scrolling on when you want to select text, the page tends to scroll, rather than the pointer moving down on the area you are trying to select.

Posts 4
Justin C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2019 5:28 PM

Thank you for the response and suggestion. The jumping actually happens with scrolling view off. I did also check with scrolling view on, and the behavior is the same. I don’t remember it happening on my iPad 2017 so I’m not sure if it’s related to the aspect ratio of the new iPad Pro.

It happens when the menu appears and hides. If I touch the screen to make the menu (top and bottom bars) hide, the text jumps up a line. When I touch the screen again to show the menu, it jumps back down a line. It scrolls fine otherwise.

Posts 716
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 20 2019 11:56 AM

I have always struggled with the usability of the iOS apps. I guess it is not easy to make them really easy to use given the small screen sizes. I use the iOS apps mainly for reading, but not for studying.

Posts 2
Ryan Christoffel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 4:07 AM

Just chiming in to say that I have the same issue as Justin. It's been a problem for a couple years I believe. I think since the last major revision to the mobile app but I can't pinpoint an exact time.

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS