Edit Sermons in Mobile App

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Ryan | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 14 2018 6:33 PM

It seems quite a few people would like to have the ability to edit sermon in the mobile app.  As someone who preaches from an iPad, this would be extremely helpful as often times I feel led to make a minor last minute change to my sermon. As it is now, this is very cumbersome to do.

I am submitting this in this forum after commenting on someone's general question concerning whether this is available here: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/176642/1021141.aspx#1021141

I also saw a forum thread from 2016 where people were asking for the very same thing, but logos replied saying they have no plans to do so. I'm hoping others will also comment and logos will hear the request. 

As someone who has paid several hundred dollars at each new software release, it would be great to see logos inplement this as it would greatly improved the logos user experience. I see this as a relatively small thing that would bear a substantial improvement to the logos app. 

Please comment if you agree.

Posts 4655
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 15 2018 6:45 PM

There have been a number of discussions about the ability to edit sermon documents on the mobile app. I am not sure what FL's position is regarding this. I preach from a sermon document on my iPad almost every week. There have been times when having the ability to make minor changes to the text would have been beneficial. However, I do not think I would do much editing in the mobile app, even if it were possible. Perhaps someone from FL will see this and respond.

Posts 4
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 16 2018 3:40 PM

Appreciate the reply. I don't think given current tablet tech that I would write a sermon from the mobile app, but what I'm hoping for is a basic text editor (not necessarily the full feature editor which auto imports verses etc). I just want to be able to add a note into a sermon Last minute such as "this is like how Jim [insert story Jim just told which pretains to message which he said could be used]", for example. 

As someone who has been around software development, it doesn't seem like it would be terribly difficult to provide some clean and easy work around for such a scenario. I just hope FL may see it the same way. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS