Morris Proctor says...

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 97
Carey G. Pearson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 28 2010 7:39 AM

Tip of the Month: Create a Hyperlink in Notes to a Logos Resource

I have been asked on several occasions if we can create a hyperlink in a Note file to a Logos resource. Here's how:

• Navigate to the desired location in a Logos resource
  • Choose the panel menu on the Logos resource
  • Select Copy location as: URL (make sure to click URL)
  • Select (highlight) the desired note text in the note file (this is the text that appears in the note Content box and is hyperlinked to the resource)
  • Click in the Hyperlink box on the note file formatting bar
  • Press Ctrl + V to paste the specific link to the resource in the box
  • Click in the note content box to deselect the text and set the hyperlink

Now to use the hyperlink:

• Hold down the Ctrl key

Click the hyperlinked text to jump to the Logos resource

I am not holding my mouth right or something because I ca not get this to work....

Could it be me?!?!    Confused    or is anyone esle having trouble with this.

if we meet and you forget me,

you have lost nothing.

But if you meet Jesus and forget Him,

you have lost everything.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2010 7:51 AM

It must be you... Stick out tongue

I just did it (thanks for the tip, I've never tried that before) and it worked beautifully.

sometimes it helps to say the steps out loud when you are doing them....you catch errors that way.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 97
Carey G. Pearson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2010 8:26 AM

thanks Robert,if you can so can I (Ihope!)

I got the selected text to accept the hyperlink..Smile...but when I crtl-click the link the resource does not come up. I tried bringing the resource up and set to another page thinking that the link will take the resource to the desired location, alas, nothing.

you have lost nothing.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2010 9:52 AM

Carey,

The link to this page on the Wiki may help. http://wiki.logos.com/Hyperlinks

If you also have L3, pay particular attention to the section regarding the registry edits for L3 users.

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2010 10:07 AM

EXCELLENT!!!

Question though.

When I do "Ctrl" click the link my L3 opens without going to the resource instead of opening the resources in L4!? Sad

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2010 10:59 AM

Anthony Hamlin:

EXCELLENT!!!

Question though.

When I do "Ctrl" click the link my L3 opens without going to the resource instead of opening the resources in L4!? Sad

Mine used to do the same thing. You will have to edit your registry as instructed on the Wiki page to point hyperlinks to L4.

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2010 12:21 PM

Fred Chapman:

Anthony Hamlin:

EXCELLENT!!!

Question though.

Mine used to do the same thing. You will have to edit your registry as instructed on the Wiki page to point hyperlinks to L4.

Opps!? I missed your first post.

Fred Chapman:

Carey,

The link to this page on the Wiki may help. http://wiki.logos.com/Hyperlinks

If you also have L3, pay particular attention to the section regarding the registry edits for L3 users.

EDIT: Works great!

Posts 75
Robert Kostenbauder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2010 4:45 PM

I have had this problem and went to the Wiki page. The instructions are for XP or Vista and I have Win7 64bit. When I went to the registry edit program there was no data. Help!

Posts 97
Carey G. Pearson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2010 4:48 PM

Fred,

I do not have L3 in this computer. It is a new laptop and L3 has never been installed on it.

The HyperLinks I create in the notes work for a web page, etc., but will not work for a book in my library.

Do you think it is the registry since L3 has never been installed?

Thanks.

you have lost nothing.

Posts 97
Carey G. Pearson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2010 4:56 PM

My computer is also Win 7 64 bit, and I am not finding anything in the registry like the wiki shows..Confused

you have lost nothing.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2010 7:08 PM

Rev. Mr. Carey Pearson:

My computer is also Win 7 64 bit, and I am not finding anything in the registry like the wiki shows..Confused

If you are not seeing the keys in your registry then I am not sure what to tell you. Maybe one the techies that hang out on the forums can chime in and suggest something. I would not want to tell you something regarding a chnage in the registry I am not positive about so its best wait on someone with more knowledge regarding this issue.

I am running Win7 64 bit as well and had to do the edit in the registry described on the Wiki to get hyperlinks to work.

Posts 97
Carey G. Pearson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 29 2010 6:13 AM

Thanks Fred,

Curious as to what version of Win 7 you are running...?

If yours is 64 bit, our registrys should look the same....unless the encryption of Professional/Ultimate play into this.

you have lost nothing.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 29 2010 6:22 AM

Carey,

Chances are you uninstalled Libronix and it removed the key in question.

The simplest route would be to reinstall Libronix (no books) and then edit the key per the wiki. Or you could manually create the key but if it is a little off it wouldn't work. If you want, I can attempt to generate instructions on how to manually create the key.

I wish Logos would make the installer check this key when the program updates and offer to create/change it if it doesn't exist/points to Libronix.

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 29 2010 6:54 AM

Carey

Hyperlinks now work for me. I don't have L3 installed either, and run Windows 7 Home 64 bit. Though I am in 4.0d beta testing. So unless its a silent new addition to 4.0d you should be able to get hyperlinking working.

I uninstalled L3 awhile ago, so while installing L3 on your machine should allow you to use hyperlinks, that shouldn't be the problem you have. Especially as you can hyperlink to other sources.

Can anyone not in beta testing confirm that hyperlinking does or doesn't work without L3 installed?

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Lenovo laptop E520 i7-2640M, 2.8GHz 8G Ram, 2G Graphics

Australia

Posts 33453
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 29 2010 11:35 AM

David Gullick:
Can anyone not in beta testing confirm that hyperlinking does or doesn't work without L3 installed?

Hyperlinking works without Logos3 It is a repairable error in the registry that causes some people to think that L3 is required. It isn't.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 27039
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 29 2010 11:19 PM

Rev. Mr. Carey Pearson:
Curious as to what version of Win 7 you are running...?

This is the key from my Windows 7. Unzip it some where convenient, right click and Edit. Change <Yourname>  (2 x) to .... and Save. Then double-click to get it in the Registry.

4341.URLkey.zip

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 97
Carey G. Pearson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 31 2010 7:28 AM

Dave,

When I do the steps you outline, unzipright click and select edit, the next step it shows me is 'Run'. I am reluctant to go further without getting your imput..

Thank you all for you help...

you have lost nothing.

Posts 27039
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 31 2010 7:07 PM

It is confirming a program you want to run which should be Notepad - so go ahead. What is your OS?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 97
Carey G. Pearson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2010 12:11 PM

Win7 Ultimate.

thanks Dave...

you have lost nothing.

Posts 97
Carey G. Pearson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 2 2010 9:22 AM

There must be a variable beyond the process...it is warning me that it will make 'registry changes' and I have not been given the opportunity to make the user name change, even though I right clicked and selected edit.....

I had better not continue until I have more time to devote to this...

you have lost nothing.

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS