Re: Logos has "an error occurred during synchronization" icon

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Jeff O'Neal | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 16 2018 9:14 PM

I was wondering if either of the previous people who posted got any help on this issue.  I upgraded to Logos 8 but still have Logos 7 on my laptop.  And my Logos 7 continually has the red exclamation mark with this associated synchronization error.  I looked up information from Logos and the best I found was that Logos does not support Logos 7 anymore.  

That is all fine and good, but what about the problem of paying for two Logos 8 upgrades and not receiving the upgrades on my laptop because Logos 7 will not synchronize?  I miss the days when Logos people were helpful and I even got a call from one of the owners over an issue I raised -- once upon a time.

I'll search some more but I may have to just uninstall Logos 7 and see if Logos 8 will install when Logos is gone from my laptop.

Posts 25963
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 16 2018 10:20 PM

These have been posted in the forum generally used to share files. I'll ask for it to be moved to a software forum where it's more apt to get proper attention. Welcome to the forums

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 6
Jeff O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 16 2018 11:36 PM

Thank you -- I guess.  I had to go back to my profile to find out where my post ended up.  Then it doesn't fit because I am asking if anybody got responses to their questions when I am the only one besides you on the forum and you are telling me (rather than asking me) you are going to request my post be moved.  

What a fiasco.  If anybody reads or even cares, please disregard.  I finally found out I could use the Logos 8 new installation *.exe file to upgrade from Logos 7.

Hopefully this may help somebody as clueless as me about the forums and Logos 8 if they happen to stumble across this message.

Posts 25963
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 17 2018 12:54 AM

My apologies for not waiting for you to respond to be question - as you were responding to rather old posts and stated that you had the same problem, I assumed you wanted help with your problem.

Logos 7 is still supported. The synchronization state of Logos 7 should not affect your ability to upgrade to Logos 8. Specifically what error do you see when you try to upgrade. Are you initiating the upgrade via "update now" or by a link on your purchase receipt?

You should have paid for only one upgrade even if you have it installed on multiple machines. The Logos/Verbum storefront are designed to avoid charging you twice for the same product, in this case upgrade to 8. Or are you one of the few people who maintain two separate identities with FL in order to have two completely independent accounts?

I'm glad you found your answer and no longer need our help.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 17750
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 17 2018 6:03 AM

Jeff O'Neal:
I upgraded to Logos 8 but still have Logos 7 on my laptop.  And my Logos 7 continually has the red exclamation mark with this associated synchronization error. 

Logos Wiki => https://wiki.logos.com/ includes link => Server Security Update on 7 Nov 2018 that could cause synchronization errors and Logos 8 upgrade not installed. Server configuration change prevents Logos versions prior to 7.18 from securely connecting to Faithlife servers, which affects synchronization, upgrades, ...

Without Diagnostic Logging, humanly not know error cause.

Jeff O'Neal:
I looked up information from Logos and the best I found was that Logos does not support Logos 7 anymore.  

Logos Wiki => https://wiki.logos.com/ also has link => Free Support “Life Cycle” 

Learning new Help Center https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us can be challenging to find Logos 7 information as appropriate article title is About Free Support

Uninformed user speculation is Logos 7 becoming unsupported next year (along with free basic for 8).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 6
Jeff O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 17 2018 8:27 AM

When I joined the forum I joined, the only thing that might have led me to conclude that I was in some kind of upload forum was that two other posts that described problems similar to mine also had uploads.  I asked the two posters on that forum that was just under 2 months old whether they had received any responses to their questions.  But before anybody had a chance to respond, you were "Joani-at-the-rathole" to get me moved to a place that I was not linked to and I was the only post in that forum.  I had to go to my profile to figure out where my post had gone.  And when I found my post, there I was in a forum where I was the only post and my post started with the line, "I was wondering if either of the previous people who posted got any help on this issue."

It is intuitively obvious I wanted help with my problem -- it is just the kind of help I take issue with. You did not offer any assistance -- you just ripped my post out of the context where I had placed it and made me then hunt for my post.  You then welcomed me the forums as if I was new to them.  I have been on them for 3 years but it is things like this that keeps making me realize what a colossal waste of time they are.

"If your software is not updated to Logos version 7.18 SR-1 or newer prior to December 10, 2018, you may experience limited functionality and be working in an unsupported, offline mode."  https://www.logos.com/logos-7-manual-update

I upgraded with one upgrade package.  But Logos is still trying to sell me other upgrade packages.  I got a notice on email of a collection of resources at a discount.  I researched it a bit and found that collection as part of another academic package upgrade that had several other resources new to me for less than the single bundle of resources I wanted to purchase.  It was a no-brainer to purchase another upgrade package.

Posts 6
Jeff O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 17 2018 8:34 AM

Thank you for your efforts on my behalf.  I had not used Logos on my laptop for a while and I had not upgraded to 7.18 SR-1 or newer prior to December 10, 2018.  So, I could not connect to the server to upgrade to the Logos 8 I had purchased.  I was in unsupported mode.

"If your software is not updated to Logos version 7.18 SR-1 or newer prior to December 10, 2018, you may experience limited functionality and be working in an unsupported, offline mode."  https://www.logos.com/logos-7-manual-update 

The resolution was to manually upgrade to Logos 8 by downloading the *.exe file.

Thanks again for your efforts and for your cool encouragement to "keep smiling".

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS