New Logos 8 deal - $100 off and gift for a friend

Page 2 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 48 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 3152
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 11:41 AM
When does the Logos 7 fundamentals code expire? Do I have time to give it away?
Posts 3023
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 12:17 PM

Mattillo:

If at all, sometime after 2018.

Posts 28
Angel Erazo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 1:28 PM

Still waiting for this too

Posts 28
Angel Erazo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 7:44 AM

The code not came!!! Very sad Sad for me. I have Logos 8 Bronze, but the email not cameSad

Posts 147
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 8:34 AM

Josh Hunt:

Still waiting for this. 

Have you received it?

Posts 147
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 8:35 AM

Angel Erazo:

The code not came!!! Very sad Sad for me. I have Logos 8 Bronze, but the email not cameSad

If you have not received your code please feel free to reach out to customer service.

Posts 1
Ken S CT | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2018 8:45 AM

Does this also apply to first time Verbum purchases?

Posts 3189
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2018 8:59 AM

Welcome to the forums, Ken.

Ken S CT:

Does this also apply to first time Verbum purchases?

Yes, it does. See https://community.logos.com/forums/t/176845.aspx

Posts 194
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 27 2018 11:39 AM

Mattillo:

Mattillo asks a great question to which I have not see an official answer from Faithlife. I recently made a post with this same question (I did not know that this question had already been asked), and it would be great to get an answer to our question.

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 20
gil4 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2018 6:19 PM

RE: "Nothing dishonest. You just have to approach the web site as a person who has not purchased Logos before."

I'm logged in and there is an ad at the top of the forum saying "Save an extra $100 on Logos 8 through 12/31. No "first base package" fine print.

Sorry, that's dishonest.

Posts 915
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2018 6:44 PM

gil4:

I'm logged in and there is an ad at the top of the forum saying "Save an extra $100 on Logos 8 through 12/31. No "first base package" fine print.

Sorry, that's dishonest.

The same banner is below your post. I have also received two emails today which say "There are only days left. Buy Logos 8 before the end of the year and you’ll get an extra $100 off.". No disclaimers.

I think this is disgraceful. A new  low for Logos

Posts 2041
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2018 7:53 PM

Not to be greedy guts, but I wonder if I could get a second gift for a second friend who wants one.

Posts 640
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2018 8:43 PM

David Carter:

gil4:

Sorry, that's dishonest.

The same banner is below your post. I have also received two emails today which say "There are only days left. Buy Logos 8 before the end of the year and you’ll get an extra $100 off.". No disclaimers.

I think this is disgraceful. A new  low for Logos

This is nothing new. I remember a special promotion that Logos offered for owners of Logos 6 or 7 who had not upgraded.  

Posts 413
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2018 9:01 PM

gil4:

RE: "Nothing dishonest. You just have to approach the web site as a person who has not purchased Logos before."

Sorry, that's dishonest.

look at the bottom line...Roll Eyes

Posts 20
gil4 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2018 10:06 PM

I'm not sure where you saw that (on their blog?), but that ad I posted is all over the place (including at the bottom of the page here as I type) and it has no fine print and no link to fine print. When I click on it, there are no further details, just a bunch of unrelated specials. 

Posting an ad all over the place (on my home page, at the top of the forum, at the bottom of every page in the forum, on my Faithlife page, and several other locations) with no asterisk, no note, and no disclaimer is sloppy. Doing it after there have already been complaints about other, similar ads is dishonest. Waiving it off with an "oh, there's a note on our blog" isn't good enough.

Posts 3189
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2018 11:19 PM

gil4:
that ad I posted is all over the place (including at the bottom of the page here as I type) and it has no fine print

Banner ads generally don’t contain fine print within the ad.

The intent of a banner ad is to get people to click through it (incidentally generating ad revenue), visiting the company’s site (to then hopefully buy their product). Any disclaimer within a banner ad would stop some percentage of people from clicking through the ad, hindering page visits, and (ad and) product revenue.

I don’t think it is dishonest to not include fine print in the banner ad.

gil4:

When I click on it, there are no further details, just a bunch of unrelated specials. 

Faithlife has chosen not to show the details (or fine print) to existing customers (who are not eligible for the extra $100 savings offer).

Confusing? Probably. Dishonest? Probably not.

There are other Christmas specials that existing customers can take advantage of, as you mentioned. Can’t we be cheerful about that? Peace on earth, good will to Faithlife employees?

Posts 20
gil4 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 29 2018 6:34 PM

PetahChristian:

Banner ads generally don’t contain fine print within the ad.

The intent of a banner ad is to get people to click through it (incidentally generating ad revenue), visiting the company’s site (to then hopefully buy their product). Any disclaimer within a banner ad would stop some percentage of people from clicking through the ad, hindering page visits, and (ad and) product revenue.

I don’t think it is dishonest to not include fine print in the banner ad.

If there is fine print, there needs to be an indication of the fact. Generating revenue from clicks on these ads (on the homepage of users they know are ineligible) is just as dishonest as the ads themselves. (I must have clicked on the ads two dozen times trying to figure out how to get the special before I came to the forum to try to get answers.)

PetahChristian:

There are other Christmas specials that existing customers can take advantage of, as you mentioned. Can’t we be cheerful about that? Peace on earth, good will to Faithlife employees?

The term for running one ad, then telling the customer it's not available but we have these other (inferior) specials instead, is bait and switch. 

Posts 10109
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 29 2018 7:20 PM

gil4, I agree ... at any normal retailer, they well know the rules. Our company did.

I tried a clik-thru .. my browser nailed them. 

Posts 37
Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 30 2018 9:16 AM

GaoLu:

Not to be greedy guts, but I wonder if I could get a second gift for a second friend who wants one.

GaoLu, is there a way for me to send you a private message?

Posts 198
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 30 2018 7:46 PM

Thanks Faithlife, I was able to give Fundamentals to a friend of mine and I am forever grateful. So is he. Thank you very much.

Page 2 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS