Mousing over words in Hebrew Bibles only shows the conjunction.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 58
Don Randolph | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 18 2018 3:11 PM

When I mouse over a word that begins with and, if, but or other conjunction, the annotation only shows the conjunction, not the word it is attached to. Is there a way to change this so that the word itself is defined? It used to work this way, but I must have done something (or something may have changed in the program) but no longer. Any suggestions, thoughts or ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Don

"If you cry out for insight and understanding and if you search for it as hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God." - Proverbs 2:3-5

Posts 17874
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2018 3:34 PM

Don Randolph:
When I mouse over a word that begins with and, if, but or other conjunction, the annotation only shows the conjunction, not the word it is attached to.

Please attach a Screenshot to illustrate issue.

Apologies since unable to replicate from word description using Logos 8.2 Beta 1 on macOS: hover pop-up has conjunction and noun

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 24692
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2018 3:40 PM

A screen shot would help.

This is what I see in Logos 8.1 and Logos 7.19  (first segment, Gen 12:5 LHB)

i.e. conjunction + verb

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 58
Don Randolph | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2018 4:12 PM

I was hovering the mouse over the word circled here and all that is displayed is what you see.

"If you cry out for insight and understanding and if you search for it as hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God." - Proverbs 2:3-5

Posts 58
Don Randolph | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2018 4:13 PM

I hover over the word circled and all I get is what you see here:

Posts 58
Don Randolph | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2018 4:16 PM

When I mouse over the word circled, all I get is what you see here:

Posts 58
Don Randolph | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2018 4:19 PM

I have attempted to paste an image in my reply multiple times without success.(This is now corrected.) Basically, when I mouse over a word such as in your example, all that is displayed is the Hebrew letter and the word "conjunction". The balance is not displayed.

On words which are not preceded by conjunctions, the information comes through fine.

Don

Posts 58
Don Randolph | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2018 4:21 PM

Posts 58
Don Randolph | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2018 4:45 PM

I should also include that this is the BHS (SESB 2.0) it happens in. Other OT Bibles such as the Lexham Interlinear, both the conjunction and the word appear. But, then again, with an interlinear the words are already there.

Posts 17874
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2018 9:08 PM

Don Randolph:
I should also include that this is the BHS (SESB 2.0) it happens in.

Replicated pop-up issue using a deprecated BHS SESB 2

Reply => https://community.logos.com/forums/p/81118/567832.aspx#567832 is followed by Faithlife list of deprecated BHS resources => https://community.logos.com/forums/p/81118/567920.aspx#567920

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 58
Don Randolph | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 7:32 AM

KS4J,

Thank you so much. It certainly didn't dawn on me that there were two identical resources (even though I have seen it in the library and figured it was just reading the BHS as two different types). All I did was remove the old icon from the toolbar and replace it with the new and it works perfectly now.

And to think I have been dealing with this for over a year. Embarrassed Thank you again and have a blessed Christmas and Happy New Year!

Don

Posts 17874
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 8:54 AM

Don Randolph:
All I did was remove the old icon from the toolbar and replace it with the new and it works perfectly now.

+1 Yes for working now Smile Deprecated resources can be hidden. Logos wiki has: 

For friendly forum discussions, personally keep deprecated resources available in my library. This discussion provided incentive to update some titles: Embarrassed

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 58
Don Randolph | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 8:15 AM

Thank you again. Yes, I learned about hiding resources from John Falahee a while back, but haven't had the need to do so...until now. Although, like you, I tend to keep them available for reference.

Don

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS