Accidently Closing Books

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 51
DanC | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 19 2018 9:00 AM

Anybody else have an issue with the "x" in the book tabs? When I go from book to book, on occasion I will hit the "x" by accident and close a book in my layout. I would be nice to keep the book tabs free of the "x". 

Posts 13199
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 9:04 AM

I think a big part of the problem is that the target area is much bigger than the X. You don't even need to click on the X to close the tab — anything within about 10-15 pixels seems to do so.

Posts 2775
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 9:24 AM

DanC:
Anybody else have an issue with the "x" in the book tabs?

Yes. 

Fortunately, we can re-open recently closed tabs.  But it is a bigger pain than it should be.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 107
William McFarland | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 9:45 AM

The keyboard command is Ctr+Shift+T to reopen a recently closed Tab (Cmd for Mac)

Posts 51
DanC | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 10:24 AM

William McFarland:

The keyboard command is Ctr+Shift+T to reopen a recently closed Tab (Cmd for Mac)

Thanks for the tip. Works in Windows also. 

Posts 2991
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 11:00 AM

This BUG is in dire need of extermination.

Posts 8833
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 1:49 PM

William McFarland:

I sincerely wish that I could remember more shortcuts like this. Is anyone else like me and keeps forgetting them?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2021
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 4:22 PM

Bruce Dunning:

William McFarland:

I sincerely wish that I could remember more shortcuts like this. Is anyone else like me and keeps forgetting them?

I remember Ctr+Shift+T because I use it all the time in Chrome.  Most of the rest I forget. Except 

Alt + L    Library

Alt  + H  Home

L & R Arrows to navigate among resources

Ctrl + = / -  to zoom in and out

Ctrl + A / C / V / P for select / copy / paste / print

F11 to float a window

I do have a shortcut to this:  https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016370932-Keyboard-Shortcuts 

Posts 13199
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 1:58 AM

Bruce Dunning:

They're in the help file.

Shortcuts should only be necessary if you use them frequently. We shouldn't really need to remember a keyboard shortcut for reopening a tab because it shouldn't happen often even to be worth remembering.

Posts 13199
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 2:00 AM

GaoLu:
Most of the rest I forget.

Don't forget F7 when hovering over a verse to do a quick text comparison. That's one of the most useful keyboard-only features IMO.

Posts 9845
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 3:56 AM

Mark Barnes:

GaoLu:

Don't forget F7 when hovering over a verse to do a quick text comparison. That's one of the most useful keyboard-only features IMO.

I think this is the only one I know by heart. Last time I closed a tab involuntarily I thought it would be helpful to know the keyboard shortcut... I went to the history tool instead to get it back.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 408
Ken Shawver | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 6:25 AM

DanC:

Anybody else have an issue with the "x" in the book tabs? When I go from book to book, on occasion I will hit the "x" by accident and close a book in my layout. I would be nice to keep the book tabs free of the "x". 

It is a frustrating situation. Thought for awhile it was me clicking he 'X' on accident. But I see what Mark is saying. The area is too large.

In Christ,

Ken

Dell Studio 1555; 15.6 True Life LCD; Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.20 GHz, 2M Cache, 800 MHz FSB ; 500GB 5400 HDD; 8GB RAM, Win 10, Chrome 70

http://wiki.logos.com/

Posts 2775
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 7:53 AM

Bruce Dunning:
Is anyone else like me and keeps forgetting them?

[raises hand]

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 8833
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2018 6:57 AM

Mark Barnes:

Thanks for the reminder. I checked the manual and it wasn't there but I didn't check help.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8833
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2018 6:59 AM

Mark Barnes:

I think I might be using that often. Very useful!

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2018 7:19 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Mark Barnes:

I think I might be using that often. Very useful!

Wow!

Posts 217
Joshua Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2018 8:06 AM

Mark Barnes:

GaoLu:

This is awesome!

Btw, Mac users might need to do a fn-F7.

Posts 1761
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2018 9:48 AM

Mark Barnes:
We shouldn't really need to remember a keyboard shortcut for reopening a tab because it shouldn't happen often even to be worth remembering.

I like you way of thinking. Big Smile

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 51
DanC | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 1 2019 6:40 AM

Still not fixed in this update.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS