Upcoming on the Verbum blog

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 332
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 19 2018 2:48 PM

We have a few blog series coming in 2019:

• Sacred art: a weekly showcase of paintings in the Verbum Sacred Art Archive
  • How we use Verbum: stories from Faithlife employees about what they love to do with Verbum
  • Guest blog writers: soon to be announced posts from great Catholic writers
  • Resource excerpts: previews resources, new and old
  • Novenas: regular prayers throughout the year

What would you love to see on the blog?

Posts 33842
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 3:07 PM

A series that each week pointed to 2-3 important writings (patristic, medieval, church documents, Catholic classics...) related to the lectionary readings for the upcoming Sunday

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 332
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 3:09 PM

MJ - what a fantastic idea! I'll see what I can do to put that together.

Posts 202
Stephen Terlizzi | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 4:53 PM

If you are looking for people to help with the development of the blogs, please let me know.

God bless,

Steve

Posts 5625
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 5:40 PM

Donald, all of the ideas you present--as well as MJ's idea--sound great. If I come up with any ideas to add, I'll add them. But I definitely like these ones!

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.”St. John of the Cross

Posts 1011
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 10:45 AM

Really looking forward to the blog this coming year.  Smile

Posts 332
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 10:55 AM

We're also going to run a monthly 'what we're reading' feature, so you can see what the Verbum team is up to.

Posts 1298
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 25 2018 6:41 AM

Can you please talk to the folks on the Logos side about adding the option of add the Verbum Blog to the "Explore" section in Logos?

Posts 1011
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 25 2018 11:27 AM

Yes

Posts 173
LogosEmployee
Craig St. Clair (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 26 2018 11:23 AM

It's in the works....

Craig St. Clair | Verbum Product Manager |

Posts 5625
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2018 6:12 AM

Deacon Steve:

Really looking forward to the blog this coming year.  Smile

I'm pleased to see that some of the new ideas have already started to appear. Smile

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.”St. John of the Cross

Posts 102
Greg Rose | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2019 5:13 AM

I would benefit from examples on how to use Verbum to delve into theological topics such as the Sacraments, Canon of Scripture, how different devotions developed over time to name a few.  I know Verbum has a lot of wonderful resources available.  Knowing how to get at them for things like this would be very helpful.

Posts 332
LogosEmployee

Greg Rose:

I would benefit from examples on how to use Verbum to delve into theological topics such as the Sacraments, Canon of Scripture, how different devotions developed over time to name a few.  I know Verbum has a lot of wonderful resources available.  Knowing how to get at them for things like this would be very helpful.

That would be a neat blog series.

As a short answer, you can discover a lot just by doing a search. See below I search I ran on Sacraments:

Whence I open St. Thomas on the question:

This kind of searching is even more fruitful if you do a more specific search. Here I search for the Mystical Body of Christ:

Posts 332
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 10:05 AM

More new stuff on the blog!

• A weekly poem on Wednesdays.
  • More theology content coming soon!
Posts 278
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 12:04 PM

Donald Antenen (Faithlife):

• A weekly poem on Wednesdays.

Yes

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS