Upcoming on the Verbum blog

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 125
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 19 2018 2:48 PM

We have a few blog series coming in 2019:

• Sacred art: a weekly showcase of paintings in the Verbum Sacred Art Archive
  • How we use Verbum: stories from Faithlife employees about what they love to do with Verbum
  • Guest blog writers: soon to be announced posts from great Catholic writers
  • Resource excerpts: previews resources, new and old
  • Novenas: regular prayers throughout the year

What would you love to see on the blog?

Posts 26261
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 3:07 PM

A series that each week pointed to 2-3 important writings (patristic, medieval, church documents, Catholic classics...) related to the lectionary readings for the upcoming Sunday

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 125
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 3:09 PM

MJ - what a fantastic idea! I'll see what I can do to put that together.

Posts 196
Stephen Terlizzi | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 4:53 PM

If you are looking for people to help with the development of the blogs, please let me know.

God bless,

Steve

Posts 3023
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 5:40 PM

Donald, all of the ideas you present--as well as MJ's idea--sound great. If I come up with any ideas to add, I'll add them. But I definitely like these ones!

Posts 939
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 10:45 AM

Really looking forward to the blog this coming year.  Smile

Posts 125
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 10:55 AM

We're also going to run a monthly 'what we're reading' feature, so you can see what the Verbum team is up to.

Posts 650
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 25 2018 6:41 AM

Can you please talk to the folks on the Logos side about adding the option of add the Verbum Blog to the "Explore" section in Logos?

Posts 939
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 25 2018 11:27 AM

Yes

Posts 160
LogosEmployee
Craig St. Clair (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 26 2018 11:23 AM

It's in the works....

Craig St. Clair | Verbum Product Manager |

Posts 3023
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2018 6:12 AM

Deacon Steve:

Really looking forward to the blog this coming year.  Smile

I'm pleased to see that some of the new ideas have already started to appear. Smile

Posts 53
Greg Rose | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2019 5:13 AM

I would benefit from examples on how to use Verbum to delve into theological topics such as the Sacraments, Canon of Scripture, how different devotions developed over time to name a few.  I know Verbum has a lot of wonderful resources available.  Knowing how to get at them for things like this would be very helpful.

Posts 125
LogosEmployee

Greg Rose:

I would benefit from examples on how to use Verbum to delve into theological topics such as the Sacraments, Canon of Scripture, how different devotions developed over time to name a few.  I know Verbum has a lot of wonderful resources available.  Knowing how to get at them for things like this would be very helpful.

That would be a neat blog series.

As a short answer, you can discover a lot just by doing a search. See below I search I ran on Sacraments:

Whence I open St. Thomas on the question:

This kind of searching is even more fruitful if you do a more specific search. Here I search for the Mystical Body of Christ:

Posts 125
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 10:05 AM

More new stuff on the blog!

• A weekly poem on Wednesdays.
  • More theology content coming soon!
Posts 68
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 12:04 PM

Donald Antenen (Faithlife):

• A weekly poem on Wednesdays.

Yes

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS