The Letter to the Romans, Second Edition, D. Moo

Page 2 of 3 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 54 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 369
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 1:47 PM

Graham, I appreciate your help, but I need to get my daughter to a Christmas party.  I will be with my laptop once I drop her off at a Starbucks or somewhere, so I'll be back in touch shortly.

Thanks again, it seems as though we were starting to figure things out more.  I hope so.  

Wilson Hines

Posts 21702
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 1:53 PM

Wilson Hines:
It did finish indexing.  I guess I may have to do a full re-index.

I'm not sure there is a need for that - as the search hit shows that milestones are being correctly identified.

Posts 21702
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 1:55 PM

Wilson Hines:
Graham, I appreciate your help, but I need to get my daughter to a Christmas party.

Hope she has a good party.

Wilson Hines:
I will be with my laptop once I drop her off at a Starbucks or somewhere, so I'll be back in touch shortly.

It's getting late here - I am in the UK - so may not be able to pick this up until tomorrow but there are other people around who can help

Wilson Hines:
Thanks again, it seems as though we were starting to figure things out more.  I hope so.

One thing you may want to try is prioritizing the 2018 edition to the top of the prioritize list (don't leave it there but just for testing) and run the PG again and see if you the commentary appears then

Posts 1930
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 2:47 PM

Wilson Hines:
While many new issues are discussed here, I have changed my mind on relatively few points of exegesis or theology (“old dogs” and all that).

This was helpful to me to determine whether it is necessary to purchase or not

Posts 369
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 2:58 PM

So, did you decide to purchase? From the tone, I understood not to purchase was your decision. 

Wilson Hines

Posts 21702
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 3:14 PM

Checking the bibliography of the new edition I see Moo refers to:

* 23 commentaries published after his earlier edition was published

* a significant number of other resources - books and articles. I counted 93 written by authors whose surnames start with either A or B

Just thought this was worth sharing!

Posts 369
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 4:17 PM

Are you saying that for you, Moo's access to these resources has made it worth purchasing, at least for you?

Wilson Hines

Posts 369
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 4:24 PM
Graham Criddle:
One thing you may want to try is prioritizing the 2018 edition to the top of the prioritize list (don't leave it there but just for testing) and run the PG again and see if you the commentary appears then
That solved it! Slammed it out the door! Fixed! Thanks Graham. The 2nd Edition was at the bottom of the whole prioritization scheme.

Wilson Hines

Posts 369
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 6:13 PM

Graham, now I need to figure out why the recently released JFB Unabridged isn't showing up...even in the Prioritize menu.  How do you get it to show up in the menu? 

Wilson Hines

Posts 1930
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 7:08 PM

Wilson Hines:

So, did you decide to purchase? From the tone, I understood not to purchase was your decision. 

I decided not to purchase based on what the author wrote about not having changed his views...Others may find his quote helpful and purchase as a result...

Posts 21702
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 11:24 PM

Wilson Hines:

Are you saying that for you, Moo's access to these resources has made it worth purchasing, at least for you?

I actually decided to purchase simply to get the most recent update.

Romans is a key book to me and I want to be able to have access to the most recent study on it.

I just thought that having a view as to how much new material Moo had engaged with could be useful for some in making a decision.

Posts 21702
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 11:26 PM

Wilson Hines:
That solved it! Slammed it out the door! Fixed! Thanks Graham. The 2nd Edition was at the bottom of the whole prioritization scheme.

That's great news.

Glad we got that sortedSmile

It's worth noting that it was probably at the bottom due to a metadata issue that I spotted while looking into this and reported at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/176946.aspx 

Posts 21702
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 11:30 PM

Wilson Hines:

Graham, now I need to figure out why the recently released JFB Unabridged isn't showing up...even in the Prioritize menu.  How do you get it to show up in the menu? 

Do you mean these resources?

If so I can prioritize them like any other resource.

What are you seeing?

Screenshots may be useful

Posts 369
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2018 5:17 AM

Graham Criddle:

Wilson Hines:

Do you mean these resources?

If so I can prioritize them like any other resource.

What are you seeing?

Screenshots may be useful

Yes, sorry it took so long to get back into this.  The Christmas Holiday was exorbitantly taxing on time and effort. 

I just don't see them as a resource you can prioritize.  What do you do to get titles into the prioritization scheme?

Wilson Hines

Posts 21702
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2018 5:24 AM

Try dragging one of them from the Library to the Prioritize pane

Posts 369
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2018 5:26 AM

Graham Criddle:

Try dragging one of them from the Library to the Prioritize pane

Well, that worked like a charm!  Thanks my friend.!

Wilson Hines

Posts 10
Spencer Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 3 2019 7:48 AM

The link Dave Moser placed here was to my blog, but, as you mentioned, I only talk about Schreiner's revision. 

Phil Long reviews Moo's commentary here: https://readingacts.com/2019/03/06/book-review-douglas-j-moo-romans-second-edition-nicnt/, and may make some comments about differences. 

In Schreiner's Romans class, he said he talked to Moo about his revision. Moo said he didn't substantially change anything, just some nuances here and there and updated his bibliography. I honestly almost don't see the point. 

Posts 659
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 15 2019 6:59 AM

I didn't purchase the 2nd edition because of the low discount, but now it's under $40 with the sale + DP if you own the full collection. I just ordered.

https://www.logos.com/product/175339/new-international-commentary-on-the-old-and-new-testaments

Posts 877
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 15 2019 7:16 AM

Is this another sale that hasn't been promoted? Are there any books other than NIC volumes included in the sale? I can see individual NIC volumes are discounted as well as the sets.

Posts 146
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 15 2019 8:40 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Is this another sale that hasn't been promoted? Are there any books other than NIC volumes included in the sale? I can see individual NIC volumes are discounted as well as the sets.

It just launched this morning messaging should be going out soon to make everyone aware. =) https://www.logos.com/nic-sale

Page 2 of 3 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS