Your Library is Indexing - Stuck at 0%

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 325
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2018 8:40 AM

FWIW, three Macs here in my home, (A MacBook (2018) and Two iMacs (2012 and 2018), Mojave, running L8 (8.1.0.0016) have all had the index hang. Needed to rebuild index for all three. No indexing issue with the Win10 PC.

Posts 2864
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2018 12:18 PM

Not to rain on the parade of everyone who has used my method successfully so far, but if the cause for all of us is the same... the problem will return. Soon. And repeatedly. My solution temporarily cures the symptom; it doesn't treat the disease. That's why I do not recommend Rebuild Index on the entire library. Rebuilding the index for any single specific resource (or subset thereof) will do the job just as well and much, much faster.

Posts 325
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2018 1:40 PM

If it happens again, what subset "rebuild" command should I use? Is there something like "Rebuild Bibles?" Thanks.

Posts 953
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2018 1:40 PM

SineNomine:

Rebuilding the index for any single specific resource (or subset thereof) will do the job just as well and much, much faster.

And how do you do that?

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 1473
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2018 1:50 PM

Myke Harbuck:

SineNomine:

Rebuilding the index for any single specific resource (or subset thereof) will do the job just as well and much, much faster.

And how do you do that?

In the Command Box, type: Reindex {Abbreviated Title | Resource Id}

re-indexes a single resource e.g. reindex ESV; reindex LLS:1.0.710

Source: https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_8_Commands

How To Get Logs - macOS or Windows

Posts 6
Leon Willis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2018 3:00 PM

It appears I am having the same problem on my MacBook Pro with Library Indexing stuck at 0%. I've never had this problem before but it started sometime in the last couple of days.

Posts 325
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2018 3:01 PM

So if I buy some resources and the indexer hangs, and I type something like "Reindex ESV," what does this get me? I can see how it could stop the hung indexer, but I guess the new resources will be unindexed?

Posts 325
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2018 3:03 PM

Leon, I called tech support today making sure they were going to make an official case out of this. They have seen this thread and the log files that have been captured.

Posts 5
Mark Main | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 23 2018 7:06 AM

I have a Macbook Pro and so I was glad that the solution was not Mac or Windows specific. I was able to use this link to learn more about how to rebuild the library books index and all other indexes with this link:

https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_8_Commands 

I typed Option+Command+L for my Mac (Alt+D for PC) to get quick access to the Command Bar.

Then in the command line, I entered: Rebuild Index

Then clicked on the green GO button.

I hope this helps others who may run into the same problem, it was easy to fix, just need to patiently wait for the index rebuilds.

Posts 24238
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 23 2018 3:20 PM

Steve Farson:

So if I buy some resources and the indexer hangs, and I type something like "Reindex ESV," what does this get me? I can see how it could stop the hung indexer, but I guess the new resources will be unindexed?

Without logs, how do you know that the Indexer hung on a resource.  How will you know which resource? So you are correct in thinking that reindexing a random resource will not get you anywhere (especially when indexing restarts and it hangs again!).

In the current context (indexer stuck at 0% on a Mac with Logos 8), the rebuild index command appears to provide a solution, and you could have a working system within a number of hours. If it doesn't work, then start a new thread and provide logs.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS