Erasmus Exemplar Question

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 32 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 234
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 26 2018 4:14 AM

DAL:

Lee:

DAL:

I do, however, despise church leaders who will not hire a good minister because he doesn’t use the KJVO or the ASV1901 for that matter.  I prefer the ASV1901 if I had to choose an older translation, but I prefer the NASB1977 or 1995, the NKJV and the NASB. 

You're on the same page as the OP's friend, who is against KJVO = "KJV Onlyism".

Yep, I’m just not “constantly at war” because of that. I even don’t waste my time with those who say “You must pray using Thee and Thou...” I got better things to do 👍😁👌

DAL

Complete misrepresentation.  KJVO’s do much damage to the body of Christ.  

It is the KJVO’s who initiate the trouble...w. rife misinformation that demands a factual rejoinder.

Carry on.  Thanks for the input anyway.

Posts 2467
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2019 8:04 AM

Maybe this book by Comfort will be of interest to the OP.

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2019 10:08 PM

If you are serious about studying this, I highly recommend you get a copy of Krans' book, Beyond What Is Written: Erasmus and Beza as Conjectural Critics of the New Testament. The ISBN is 978-90-04-15286-1.

Bad news...it is a Brill publication.  It won't be cheap.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 234
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2019 10:05 PM

Yes, I have seen these resources online.  I fully intend to acquire them soon.  

I was a (minor) contributor to the following recent work on this topic, which, IMO, interacts w. the most current scholarly consensus on this topic (it’s actually the most thorough I have ever read on this issue).

https://www.advanceministries.org/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=54

Thank you much for these suggestions.  Wallace also has some excellent (free) courses on the subject of textual criticism through biblicaltraining.org.  Highly informative.

Posts 776
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 12:00 PM

Doc B:

If you are serious about studying this, I highly recommend you get a copy of Krans' book, Beyond What Is Written: Erasmus and Beza as Conjectural Critics of the New Testament. The ISBN is 978-90-04-15286-1.

Bad news...it is a Brill publication.  It won't be cheap.

FWIW:

HERE is a precis of this volume.  Begin at time 1:01:35 (lasts about 16 or 17 minutes).

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Posts 10177
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 1:29 PM

Puddin’:

I was a (minor) contributor to the following recent work on this topic, which, IMO, interacts w. the most current scholarly consensus on this topic (it’s actually the most thorough I have ever read on this issue).

https://www.advanceministries.org/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=54

Thank you much for these suggestions.  Wallace also has some excellent (free) courses on the subject of textual criticism through biblicaltraining.org.  Highly informative.

Righteous spinach too!

https://www.advanceministries.org/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=18 

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 8:39 PM

JRS:
HERE is a precis of this volume. 

Thanks for the link. Interesting.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Posts 234
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2019 12:23 AM

Denise:

Puddin’:

Righteous spinach too!

https://www.advanceministries.org/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=18 

In ”all things“ give thanks & stuff ðŸĪŠ!

Posts 234
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2019 12:27 AM

I did purchase Gurry’s work on the CBGM last night, just not so sure I’m prepared to tackle it just yet.  

From what I understand it is very intense and effectually rewriting textual criticism as we have known it for the last century or so.

Very intrigued by it nonetheless 👍.

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2019 2:56 PM

Puddin’:
I did purchase Gurry’s work on the CBGM last night,

I highly recommend you read Wasserman's book before trying to tackle Gurry's. If you don't, the terminology (jargon) will strangle you.

Posts 2467
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2019 9:24 PM

Doc B:

I highly recommend you read Wasserman's book before trying to tackle Gurry's. If you don't, the terminology (jargon) will strangle you.

Wasserman and Gurry are co-authors of that book. Smile

Posts 234
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 22 2019 1:12 AM

Doc B:

Puddin’:
I did purchase Gurry’s work on the CBGM last night,

Ok, think I will get that book also ðŸĪŠ.  Seriously though, I usually learn as I go along anyway.  

But, yes, you are correct, I am anticipating that this will be a very slow read ðŸĪ“.

Thanks much.

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 25 2019 7:40 AM

Puddin’:
Ok, think I will get that book also ðŸĪŠ.

Well, guess what popped up on the pre-pub list this morning?

That book!!

Big Smile

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS