Merry Christmas upgrade?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1365
Ben | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 25 2018 6:23 PM

I opened Logos today, and it had updated to version 8! Now, either some good samaritan actually gifted me the fundamentals/basic package, or Logos quietly released the free engine of 8 for Christmas :)

If the latter, many thanks Logos!  (Has the free engine been released?)

And if the former, many thanks good samaritan!

Is there a way to tell what package/level/thing Logos thinks I now own?

Edit: Here's a screenshot.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 3219
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 25 2018 8:17 PM

What a wonderful gift! I'm happy for you, Ben!

Ben:

Not from the About screen, but you can find out what package was added from the Order History page.

(A feature set purchase or Faithlife Connect subscription would also have updated the software in advance of the free engine being released.)

Posts 26525
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 25 2018 9:21 PM

Ben:

I would go to the Logos 8 feature upgrade page and see what it thinks you own. From your screen shot I would assume a features package rather than a library package.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1365
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 26 2018 8:00 AM

Looks like I have Quick Start for Logos 8, which I wasn't even aware of. 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 494
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 26 2018 9:42 AM

Ben:
Looks like I have Quick Start for Logos 8,

It's looking like a duck and starting to sound like a duck...You may just have a L8 Feature Set!

If you've been gifted one, that's exciting! Did you check your Order History? Items I have been gifted to me by my family have appeared on my Order History. 

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 1365
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 10:10 AM

I did not realize that one could see who has gifted you something until yesterday. So, mystery solved, and many many thanks to (you and I know who you are)! It has greatly improved my studies, and made some other things cheaper. Since I'm prepping for a doctoral exam in Reformation history (and two others in American religious history and history of science), I picked up the introductory Lutheran package for <$50. 

I'm doing a seminar in summer, 4x1-hr lectures on Bible study, and will be modeling Logos, although mostly the free features. 

Posts 26525
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 2:16 AM

Ben:
I'm doing a seminar in summer, 4x1-hr lectures on Bible study, and will be modeling Logos, although mostly the free features. 

What? Making more theological and usage outliers for Logos? Please keep it up Wink

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS