Help: Logos start-up RE-downloading my library... 10.2GB - Help!?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 15
Thomas Sterbens | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 29 2010 12:05 PM

I'm running Logos 4 on Windows 7 in "Parallels" VM on my MAC.

I've had the MAc for about a month...no problems.  Today when I started L4 it was a bit weird then gave the notification that it was updating...then that it was downloading...10.2 GB...which is essentially my entire library.

It was frustrating enough to purchase the DVD to load the majority of my library...only to discover that L4 still downloaded 10 GB (twice).  Side note: I don't know what the discs are for if you still have to download the entire library....  Want to know how long it takes over DSL?

Thanks - tom sterbens

Posts 300
John Graves | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 29 2010 12:10 PM

Thomas when mine did that I simply canceled the download.  Of course I had deleted the app and reinstalled it.  It tried two or three times to download the entire library but eventually didn't anymore.  Though I did have to re-download about 4gbs of my library for some reason, (about 400 or so resources).  For whatever its worth, mine works fine though I don't know how. 

Posts 15
Thomas Sterbens | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 29 2010 12:19 PM

Thanks...

I just checked the resource folder... User>AppData>Local>Logos4>Data>etc.  and the resource has all the files in it.

I guess the bigger question is, "Why isn't Logos4 seeing the resource directory any longer?"  And...what made it all the  sudden do that?

Posts 5519
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 29 2010 1:03 PM

Thomas Sterbens:

Thanks...

I just checked the resource folder... User>AppData>Local>Logos4>Data>etc.  and the resource has all the files in it.

I guess the bigger question is, "Why isn't Logos4 seeing the resource directory any longer?"  And...what made it all the  sudden do that?

Try using the scan command: scan [resource directory location]. For example: scan C:/User/AppData/Local/Logos4/Data/(etc.)

After executing and running the scan, restart Logos4.

(The issue may be related to a recent VMWare Update.)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 15
Thomas Sterbens | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 29 2010 1:16 PM

Thanks Richard...forgive my ignorance...  Where do I enter that command line in Windows 7?

Also...I have discovers that Logos has created an additional data file folder/directory

Posts 5519
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 29 2010 1:56 PM

Thomas Sterbens:

Thanks Richard...forgive my ignorance...  Where do I enter that command line in Windows 7?

Also...I have discovers that Logos has created an additional data file folder/directory

You enter the command in the Logos4 command bar.

Here's a graphic, in case you don't know:

Posts 15
Thomas Sterbens | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 29 2010 2:13 PM

Thanks Richard...

I did that...there is no visual indication that anything is happening or that anything was repaired.

Another note:  within the data folder Logos keeps creating an additional folder with all the respective Logos stuff (including my resource folder).  I deleted the new folder in an attempt to leave only the original folder in place (kb10vzxz.vzj) and Logos creates and data directory (so12ztyv.bfy).  As I said, all my resources are in tact in the original folder - that worked fine until today.

Posts 15
Thomas Sterbens | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 29 2010 3:05 PM

Richard - ran the scan a second time...restarted Logos and it saw my library!  Although it's indexing all over again (6 hours) ... I'll take that versus a day and a half download.

Can't thank you enough.

Posts 5519
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 29 2010 4:14 PM

Thomas Sterbens:

Richard - ran the scan a second time...restarted Logos and it saw my library!  Although it's indexing all over again (6 hours) ... I'll take that versus a day and a half download.

Can't thank you enough.

You're welcome.

If you don't need to do a lot of heavy searching, you could pause indexing until you can be away from the computer for an extended period of time, and just use it as a resource reader. A lot of things won't function properly until indexing is finished, including searches, visual filters, and some other things may just not 'look right.' Don't worry about that until indexing is finished, after which you may need to restart L4 (follow the on-screen prompts).

Not sure how it happened. It looks like L4 may have reinstalled itself (or did you do a reinstall?).

Posts 15
Thomas Sterbens | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 29 2010 7:37 PM

No, I didn't reinstall.  Don't know what happened.  Didn't install any updates for Windows...as a matter of fact the Windows environment is very clean, I only have it on my Mac for the benefit of the use of Logos.

Posts 22465
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 29 2010 10:28 PM

It'll be useful to have some logs if it starts doing it again - http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.