Community pricing reached on Classic Studies on Baptism.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 52
Thaddeus Billman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 5 2019 8:46 AM
Currently $80 (less than $2/book), and likely to drop further by Friday afternoon when bidding closes. https://www.logos.com/product/33657/classic-studies-on-baptism
Posts 2263
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 5 2019 8:51 AM

I've been waiting for this to reach 100%.  I bid on this several years ago.  Hopefully, it will go lower.

Posts 5985
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 5 2019 8:52 AM

That should’ve closed at $30 tops. $80 is too expensive, at least for me.

DAL

Posts 2263
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 5 2019 8:58 AM

I agree that $80 is too high and it should be $30.  However, I do want the resources and will pay the current closing bid, so maybe it's not "too high" for me.

I don't remember how long ago I initially bid on this resource.  I recently changed my bid, but I think my initial bid was back in 2014. 

It's got some time to go lower, so hopefully it will.

Posts 2080
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 5 2019 9:29 AM

I'd pay $32, not $80. My bid has been sitting at $32 for a very long time, and I'm not going to change that.

It's not likely to drop that much, but that's okay. I might spend that money on a denominational Starter package instead.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 2263
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 5 2019 11:32 AM

It might get to $56, but that would be quite a drop in a week.  I would expect $72 and maybe $64.

Posts 9640
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 5 2019 11:54 AM

Ronald Quick:

It might get to $56, but that would be quite a drop in a week.  I would expect $72 and maybe $64.

Well, I'm in at $56 since Dec 2015, and personally think this is a lot for a bundle of resources that all are totally unknown to me. In the meantime I acquired some more resources on Baptism, including the 3 hrs Mobile Ed course - maybe I'll miss out on this CP and perhaps go for Jeremias' book instead, which counts as one of THE relevant contributions to the discussion over here (I only own in a paper copy so far).  

Running Verbum 7 and Logos 8 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 2263
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 5 2019 2:06 PM

I just started reading Jeremias' book.  I haven't finished it.  What's your thoughts on his arguments?

https://www.logos.com/product/164056/infant-baptism-in-the-first-four-centuries

Posts 1984
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 5 2019 2:52 PM

I am in at $40 but may have to get my study materials elsewhere.   I'd like to see Heiser's Mobile Ed class. Be nice to hear how it is.

Posts 8703
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 5 2019 4:00 PM

GaoLu:
I am in at $40

Ditto. I doubt whether it will go that low but I'm okay with that.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2811
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 5 2019 5:08 PM

Perhaps unsurprisingly, given this thread, the funding level has dropped below 100% at $80.

Posts 125
Jerome Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 5 2019 6:51 PM

Once again, may I gently correct the nay-sayers who think this collection is not worth its CP asking price.

I have solid reasons for desiring to secure this set of fine volumes. I believe that there have been certain eras in church history that had a special interest in a theological, doctrinal, or Biblical subject. Many of these volumes were written during a time when the subject of baptism was being argued and discussed. Some of the authors have dug more deeply into this subject than can be found in modern authors.

I have many of these titles in my personal library, and have read them carefully and repeatedly. I have, as a result, learned many things about the Bible that I would otherwise have totally missed.

I look forward to seeing these books becoming available in the Logos format, and have been looking forward to this for what seems to be a long time. It is far cheaper to secure these resources in Logos by securing this collection than it would be to obtain them in their original printed book format.

Posts 983
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 5 2019 7:29 PM

Ronald Quick:

$56 is where I'm at.

Posts 983
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 5 2019 7:29 PM

Ronald Quick:

$56 is where I'm at.

Posts 5985
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 6 2019 1:52 PM

If you notice, it isn’t even at 100% So maybe they have it ready and they just want ship it ASAP to get their money.

DAL

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS