Logos 8.2 Beta 3 (8.2.0.0006)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2641
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 8 2019 1:46 PM

To immediately update to the current beta enter the Update Now command. Otherwise, the app will automatically update the next time it's scheduled to check for updates.

Release Notes     

Mac

Windows

Posts 10055
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2019 3:07 PM

Just a quick heads-up for everybody: for me, the change in Notes in this beta means that I can't use the Add a note command anymore without a crash, see https://community.logos.com/forums/t/177491.aspx - so be careful if you need your installation and this feature. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 4645
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 12:22 AM

NB.Mick:

Just a quick heads-up for everybody: for me, the change in Notes in this beta means that I can't use the Add a note command anymore without a crash, see https://community.logos.com/forums/t/177491.aspx - so be careful if you need your installation and this feature. 

I am not a heavy note user so my notes are pretty sparse however with Beta 3 I seem to be able to create a note just fine.

MacOS 10.14.2

Posts 10055
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 12:52 AM

Mike Binks:
I seem to be able to create a note just fine.

The problem is with creating a note after changing the note icon or the note color from default. And, as further testing showed, once you change both, the crash will be prevented. 

Posts 4645
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 2:23 AM

NB.Mick:

Mike Binks:

The problem is with creating a note after changing the note icon or the note color from default. And, as further testing showed, once you change both, the crash will be prevented. 

Unfortunately Mick, you are right and I duly crashed Logos in just the way you describe.  :-(

Posts 10055
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 2:29 AM

Mike Binks:

NB.Mick:

Mike Binks:

Unfortunately Mick, you are right and I duly crashed Logos in just the way you describe.  :-(

Which OTOH is good, since it confirms the analysis and thus helps the developers to fix the bug.

Hope the part with the further testing holds true for you as well, so the crash was only for the benefit of the beta program and doesn't hamper your use of L8! 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS