Feature request: Open recource's images in a new window

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 106
J. Erik | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 8 2019 2:00 PM

Reffering to my topic here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/177487.aspx, I'd like to request the abillity to right click on any given image in a resource and chose to open it in a floating window so that one can benefit from those that are high resolution.

Reason: Some images contains a lot of detail, e.g. maps, that are much better viewed in a larger version.

Many thanks in advance (Heb 11:1)

Posts 10678
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 5:24 AM

Yes

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 9238
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 6:19 AM

This is an excellent suggestion that I think many of us would use often.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1755
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 6:35 AM

It's actually better to open an image in the mobile app than on the desktop...so this is a great suggestion!

Posts 276
Greg F | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 7:04 AM

I've been meaning to suggest this for a long time now, thank you for bringing it up!

Right click > "View image" > opens up the default image viewer on the computer/mobile device.

That would be fantastic.

Posts 1250
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 8:00 AM

Love this simple yet profound idea. Thanks!

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 10950
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 8:31 AM

Actually, that functionality has been in Logos since L3, I think. L4 re-introduced it per resource (ie selected). I just pulled up one I knew of (L7 final version before L8) ... the mouse shows a small popup on hover (to indicate larger available). Clicking on the image pops a full image up, complete with sliders for zooming around the image.

If I understand your idea correctly.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 106
J. Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 8:34 AM

Please provide a screenshot of how/where you do that! I can't seem to make that happen here...

Posts 10950
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 2:47 PM

J. Erik:

Please provide a screenshot of how/where you do that! I can't seem to make that happen here...

I'm offline now. Camera!

Remember ... selected resources. I'd assume contractually required.

1. Notice little white box below hand, indicating clickable:

2. Clicked; popup. Horizontal and vertical scroll bars for examining zoomed image:

Posts 436
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 10 2019 7:49 AM

Yes

Posts 106
J. Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 10 2019 8:47 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Thanks! :)

Denise:

J. Erik:

I'm offline now. Camera!

Remember ... selected resources. I'd assume contractually required.

1. Notice little white box below hand, indicating clickable:

2. Clicked; popup. Horizontal and vertical scroll bars for examining zoomed image:

Aha, so by selected you mean that only a few has it?

Posts 10950
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 10 2019 9:35 AM

Correct. I only mentioned it because the code has been in there since 2008 (the L4-8 series), and of course prior (Libby). 

Ignoring the reasons for not allowing popups for imagery, they spent (wasted in my view) a lot of money on a viewer (maps, selected images). It was slow, not intuitive, and seems to have been dumped in their planning. They're on their 3rd try at maps ... I doubt the current iteration will last, since it's inherently expensive.

But more importantly, even the base imagery (amount of detail) is well behind Accordance. I love two-finger zooming to examine details.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS