Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 29605
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 31 2010 1:13 PM | Locked

When I select a note and copy it, I can add the references to a Passage List via the from clipboard option. However, if I simply highlight the text in the note, an add via the highlighted text option does not work.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 128
Nathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 31 2010 5:53 PM | Locked

Yeah, I noticed this too.  When you highlight text in other panes (besides notes), your selection stays visible, however in notes your selection disappears when you go to another pane, and then reappears when changing focus back to the notes pane.

Also, if you have verses selected on multiple panes, only the verses from the one that has focus are added to the passage list when you use the "from selected text". 

Probably by design, otherwise could be a highlighting nightmare!

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2010 7:36 AM | Locked

MJ. Smith:

When I select a note and copy it, I can add the references to a Passage List via the from clipboard option. However, if I simply highlight the text in the note, an add via the highlighted text option does not work.

This is by design. Only references added via "Add a note to ..." from context menu are saved to passage list.

Posts 29605
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2010 10:15 PM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:
This is by design. Only references added via "Add a note to ..." from context menu are saved to passage list.

I understand that for the file level. However, I should not be offered a "from highlight" option if it does not work from highlighted text - especially if it does not work by design!

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 3 2010 1:25 PM | Locked

MJ. Smith:

Melissa Snyder:

I understand that for the file level. However, I should not be offered a "from highlight" option if it does not work from highlighted text - especially if it does not work by design!

Can you list the steps of what you're doing that does not give you the result you expect, so I can be sure I'm doing the same thing?  By 'highlighting' text, do you mean 'selecting' text, and 'from highlight' do you mean 'Selection' on the context menu--from notes document or resource?  Thanks.

Posts 29605
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 3 2010 1:45 PM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:
Can you list the steps of what you're doing that does not give you the result you expect, so I can be sure I'm doing the same thing? 

I'm not getting the same behavior when I tried to recreate it. I did get an unexpected and non-repeatable crash. What I had done re: passage list:

1) opened note file and passage list file

2) selected/highlighted part of a note's text with the mouse

3) went to passage list and clicked on add

4) clicked on selected text which yielded no results

When I try to repeat the process, I am now losing the selection highlight as soon as I hit add. I suspect that Logos was repainting the screen more slowly when I retained the selection in the note.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 3 2010 3:47 PM | Locked

MJ. Smith:

Melissa Snyder:
Can you list the steps of what you're doing that does not give you the result you expect, so I can be sure I'm doing the same thing? 

I'm not getting the same behavior when I tried to recreate it. I did get an unexpected and non-repeatable crash. What I had done re: passage list:

1) opened note file and passage list file

2) selected/highlighted part of a note's text with the mouse

3) went to passage list and clicked on add

4) clicked on selected text which yielded no results

When I try to repeat the process, I am now losing the selection highlight as soon as I hit add. I suspect that Logos was repainting the screen more slowly when I retained the selection in the note.

3) The selection highlight in note is lost once you click in PL document and the Notes document is no longer the active panel. This is why 4) occurs.  Apparently the rich text editor expects an action on the selected text within the notes panel. In this case, you would select, copy, go to PL and choose 'Add passages from clipboard'. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS