Forthcoming: Reformed Systematic Theology (vol 1) by Joel Beeke and Paul Smalley

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 459
J. Remington Bowling | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 9 2019 3:11 PM

Reformed Systematic Theology: Revelation and God by Joel Beeke and Paul Smalley.

Part of a series that hasn't been published yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Reformed-Systematic-Theology-Revelation-God-ebook/dp/B07GXVM564/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1547075305&sr=8-1&keywords=Reformed+Systematic+Theology

Posts 2703
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 4:21 PM

YesYes

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 3187
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 4:40 PM

YesYes

Posts 3073
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2019 10:15 AM

Count me in. 

mm.

mm.

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2019 12:49 PM

I have, unread, ''Puritan Theology.''

Any suggestions re: Why have this, too.

Posts 459
J. Remington Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2019 1:06 PM

I don't have A Puritan Theology, but based on the description it's a collection of what puritans said about the various theological loci. So for instance:

Soteriology - 

What puritan x said about soteriology

What puritan y said about soteriology

etc.

My understanding is that Joel Beeke and Mark Jones are primarily editors (authoring introductory articles etc.)

On the other hand, Reformed Systematic Theology is a systematic theology by Joel Beeke and Paul Smalley as authors. 

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2019 1:30 PM

J. Remington Bowling:

I don't have A Puritan Theology, but based on the description it's a collection of what puritans said about the various theological loci. So for instance:

Soteriology - 

What puritan x said about soteriology

What puritan y said about soteriology

etc.

My understanding is that Joel Beeke and Mark Jones are primarily editors (authoring introductory articles etc.)

On the other hand, Reformed Systematic Theology is a systematic theology by Joel Beeke and Paul Smalley as authors. 

Hi, JRB: I took a belated peek: you are exactly right......A small sample:

Covenant and Justification According to Owen, in the protoevangelium of Genesis 3:15, the beginning of the covenant of grace, saving benefits such as justification, evangelical repentance, eternal rewards, and the resurrection of the body were contained, albeit obscurely.9 Speaking of the covenant made with Abraham (Gen. 17:7), Owen notes that the title “God Almighty” is directly linked with the covenant promise. Because of Christ, Abraham and his believing seed received the promise of grace, namely, that God would prove Himself to be a merciful, sanctifying, justifying, and saving God, requiring faith and repentance from Abraham and his seed. The question remains, however, of what Owen means by “justifying” and how, specifically, it relates to the covenant.
According to chapter 19 of his Greater Catechism, justification is “the gracious free act of God, imputing the righteousness of Christ to a believing sinner and for that speaking peace unto his conscience, in the pardon of his sin,—pronouncing him to be just and accepted before him.”10 This gracious justification is received by faith alone.11 Owen’s doctrine of justification reflects historic Protestant orthodoxy on how a sinner is justified before God. The grounds on which Owen argued for such a definition require further investigation.
Beeke, J. R., & Jones, M. (2012). A Puritan Theology: Doctrine for Life (p. 492). Grand Rapids, MI: Reformation Heritage Books.
Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 19 2019 6:30 AM

Yes

Posts 37
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 19 2019 6:40 AM

YesYes

Posts 85
LogosEmployee
Mike Hanes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 9 2019 7:09 AM

J. Remington Bowling:

Reformed Systematic Theology: Revelation and God by Joel Beeke and Paul Smalley.

Part of a series that hasn't been published yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Reformed-Systematic-Theology-Revelation-God-ebook/dp/B07GXVM564/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1547075305&sr=8-1&keywords=Reformed+Systematic+Theology

Thanks for the suggestion, we hope to have this in Pre-Pub soon.

Posts 25
Raffaele Paglialunga | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2019 6:43 AM

I hope I understand this correctly... Are we saying that Puritan Theology is pretty much Reformed Theology?

I'm not big into different titles like I believe in this or that... I want truth and I know we seek it out in a Biblical manner like Paul told us to do... 

Can you suggest any books or good reading material for this issue? 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS