Page 4 of 4 (69 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 68 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 305
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2019 5:38 AM

I wonder if it is the credit card itself or the billing address??

Posts 2339
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2019 6:13 AM

Bernhard:
I wonder if it is the credit card itself or the billing address??

Billing address will be my hotel in LA. At least while I'm staying there, that's gonna be good enough. Pre-loaded Visa gift cards seem to be available at Walmart. I think it's worth a try.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 78
LogosEmployee
Deborah Keiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2019 12:13 PM

Thanks for asking this question!! I sought the answer from the combined wisdom of others at Faithlife. The trigger for rights restrictions is apparently the billing address of the card you use. "...it is not IP based but by billing/shipping address, so [if] they would be able to adjust that (which would require a payment option that would function with a US billing address) I think it would work." 

Give it a whirl while you are in the States, and let us know how it goes!! 

Posts 32
Adam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 19 2019 4:39 AM

Deborah Keiser:

Thanks for asking this question!! I sought the answer from the combined wisdom of others at Faithlife. The trigger for rights restrictions is apparently the billing address of the card you use. "...it is not IP based but by billing/shipping address, so [if] they would be able to adjust that (which would require a payment option that would function with a US billing address) I think it would work." 

Give it a whirl while you are in the States, and let us know how it goes!! 

Heading to the US in November so am keen to try this. I did place an order using VPN pointed to America with my billing & shipping address changed to the hotel I'm staying at but I was using an aussie credit card so I'm thinking the address of the card you use is the qualifier

Hoping a workaround exists when I get there

Posts 212
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 19 2019 10:16 AM

New Martyn Lloyd-Jones Expositions on prepub advertised on my homepage says not available in the United States, yet every other resource of his is. I don't get that.

Posts 18710
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 10:43 AM

Matt Hamrick:

New Martyn Lloyd-Jones Expositions on prepub advertised on my homepage says not available in the United States, yet every other resource of his is. I don't get that.

Different publisher. I'm surprised they didn't work out a deal that made it available in the US, though, given that Faithlife is located in the US and probably the greatest percentage of their customers are in the US.

Posts 757
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 26 2019 9:30 AM

Matt Hamrick:

The website states that it is not available in the US. However, even though I am located outside the US, I cannot buy it. I get the message: This product is not available in your region.

Would be interesting to find out where this book can be purchased.

Posts 1001
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 12 2019 3:19 PM

Can we please be clear we would like the new deal to mean we can continue paying the same price as American customers. I don't want to find that if I was American it would be $15 but because I'm in England it is £15... As a loyal customer I really appreciate the arrangements we have been enjoying so far. Thanks

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 757
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 12 2019 7:54 PM

Deborah Keiser:

The trigger for rights restrictions is apparently the billing address of the card you use. "...it is not IP based but by billing/shipping address, 

In the case of Kindle, the restriction is not based on the billing address but on the IP address. I have purchased numerous books on Kindle which I could not buy on Logos due to country restrictions.

Page 4 of 4 (69 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS