Note Issue

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 87
Rafe Andersen | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 16 2019 6:53 PM

Hi all. Last year I used a faith-life connect trail and I tried out Logos 8. It ended in January and I have not purchased it yet.  I still have the Logos 8 interface though and I cannot find my notes feature anywhere. All I see is a greyed out note icon under tools and I cannot make a new note in documents. What should I do?

Posts 4481
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 16 2019 7:17 PM

I would contact customer service. They may be able to help you get access to your notes.

Posts 27014
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 16 2019 7:55 PM

Rafe Andersen:
What should I do?

Another forum member was in the same boat as you. I believe that FL was able to set things right. Worse case scenario (I think) is that you have to wait until the free engine becomes available for all. I assume you will then have to "purchase" it, which will grant you the license to the new features. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2003
LogosEmployee

You should be able to enter the command Set Prefer Notes Tool to No in the "Enter passage or search" box at the top of the main window. You will then need to restart the application. If you purchase Logos 8 at some point in the future, you can use Set Prefer Notes Tool to Yes to restore behavior to the Logos 8 default.

Posts 87
Rafe Andersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 16 2019 9:56 PM

Thank you!

Posts 87
Rafe Andersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 16 2019 9:58 PM

I  not planning to purchase Logos until Fall when I will get it as a part of seminary. I use the notes feature in my teaching,Sad

Posts 87
Rafe Andersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2019 3:37 PM

Update: I reinstalled Logos 7 and all is well now.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS