A21 - Whither 'Passage Analysis'!?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 1 2010 9:11 AM

Is this me?

'Passage Analysis' was listed on the 'Tools' menu under the 'Passage' sub-heading. It seems to have gone:  

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 86
Scott Fleischman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2010 9:45 AM

Stephen,

The Passage Analysis feature is available for Original Languages and Scholar's libraries (and above).  In this alpha we disabled or removed features if they're not available for a user's account.  The fact that it was available before might be thought of as a preview of what's available with the better libraries!

Scott

Posts 94
Jonathan Griffiths | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2010 9:54 AM

Is there a way to purchase that module separately for L4?

L5 on Lenovo Thinkpad, i5, windows 7 pro | Logos App on Samsung Galaxy S3 | Logos App on tablet soon

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2010 11:06 AM

Okay, it's a bit disappointing, but I guess you would call that a "feature"! Cool

Posts 82
Wade Bishop | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2010 1:30 PM

I am starting to wonder what other things may not be available as the ALPHA grows?  Could I be losing more "features" as we go along??? [nervous]  Confused

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2010 1:45 PM

Have a look on this page http://www.logos.com/comparison right down the bottom under "features and databases" to see what your actually licensed for.

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Lenovo laptop E520 i7-2640M, 2.8GHz 8G Ram, 2G Graphics

Australia

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2010 5:46 PM

Wade Bishop:
I am starting to wonder what other things may not be available as the ALPHA grows?  Could I be losing more "features" as we go along??? [nervous]  Confused
Just to clarify, no one is losing features they paid for and all the features in L4win are in L4mac.  It is just that prior to A21, the installation did not take into consideration which package you owned and made every feature available to every user.  As was mentioned before, think of it is a free testing period on some of the features you might be missing in the lower packages.

Blessings

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 82
Wade Bishop | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 2 2010 6:09 AM

LOL!!!  Hope I didn't give the notion that people were losing "paid" features.  hahaha  [Just thought it was funny to hear someone else [besides me] do some preventive damage control].    

Thanks for the clarity.  I guess [if anything] seeing those features made me consider upgrading.  ---nice sales tragedy----  LOL  :)  You're a good man Joe!

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 2 2010 10:31 AM

Wade Bishop:
seeing those features made me consider upgrading

You're not alone! I've just brought forward my planned upgrade from 'Bible Study' to 'Scholar's' and am enjoying all the extra resources ... trouble is, we aim (God willing) to move house the day after tomorrow and I should be packing stuff up not 'playing' on the computer! Oh well ...

Posts 94
Jonathan Griffiths | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 2 2010 1:55 PM

So Joe, being as you're a guy who may be in the know - any response to my previous question? Will we be able to purchase that module separately or is it only available through upgrades to base packages?

L5 on Lenovo Thinkpad, i5, windows 7 pro | Logos App on Samsung Galaxy S3 | Logos App on tablet soon

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 2 2010 3:56 PM

Hi, to my knowledge it is only available in the package upgrade.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS