Word Biblical on Sale ...

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 11
Brad Gault | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 24 2019 10:16 AM

Zondervan is selling ebook versions (Kindle) of all volumes of Word Biblical Commentaries for $7.99 each. Will Logos match the price?

Posts 907
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2019 10:24 AM

Brad Gault:

Zondervan is selling ebook versions (Kindle) of all volumes of Word Biblical Commentaries for $7.99 each. Will Logos match the price?

I doubt it, but they often participate when it's a Bible software sale, where the prices are higher - best ever I believe was $9.99 per volume.

Posts 27561
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2019 11:24 AM

Brad Gault:
Will Logos match the price?

Logos doesn't really ever "price match." For Faithlife eBooks (formerly Vyrso), they try to "extend offers from publishers" whenever they can do so. Those are "bare bones" ebooks, similar to Kindle. For "Logos edition" resources, it used to be that publisher sales had no effect on pricing. In more recent years there have been some exceptions to that general rule... I think mostly with Zondervan titles (for which pricing is typically more finicky and sales happen less frequently). 

I agree, it isn't likely to happen... especially at the $7.99 price. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 592
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2019 11:34 PM

I don't know about everyone else, but in my opinion, using commentaries in the e-book format is too difficult to navigate. My first choice is Logos, second choice is a book to hold in hand, and third choice is never a clunky e-book. What say you?

Posts 907
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 25 2019 12:00 AM

Ted Weis:

I don't know about everyone else, but in my opinion, using commentaries in the e-book format is too difficult to navigate. My first choice is Logos, second choice is a book to hold in hand, and third choice is never a clunky e-book. What say you?

It depends on the type of commentary. If it's a technical one, agree entirely. If however an expository commentary, I will buy in ebook format if the price is compelling.

Posts 1098
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 25 2019 1:27 AM

Ted Weis:

I have picked up a few theology books in Kindle because they were absolutely too cheap to pass up. I have consistently been dissatisfied with trying to use them for any serious study. I imagine trying to use a commentary in that format would be even worse. The premium prices of Logos books sometimes stretch me uncomfortably, but they are vastly preferable to work with.

In the last couple of years, the complete WBC has been on sale for Logos a few times with heavy discounts. I think I got my set for $350 with a coupon, a stunning price; I never thought I'd be able to afford it. I seriously recommend waiting until that happens again.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS