Mike Heiser Special Edition Logos 7

Page 2 of 5 (98 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 97 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 2221
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2019 12:14 AM

I need to figure out how to shoehorn this into my budget. It's a great value.Geeked

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 213
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2019 12:25 AM

I added it to my L8 repayment plan through the chat box.  Very nice add-on  

Posts 440
J. Remington Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2019 7:49 AM

There were items in this package that were on my Wish List that added up to $374. I was able to get all those items for just about $100. Great deal.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2019 7:02 PM

Wasn't Michael Heiser's Bible Research Method Workflow one of the 5 free workflows we're still waiting for? So why are we charged for something we already have a license for?

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 3172
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2019 7:31 PM

fgh:

Wasn't Michael Heiser's Bible Research Method Workflow one of the 5 free workflows we're still waiting for? So why are we charged for something we already have a license for?

If you already own it, you wouldn't be charged for it a second time.

But if you bought the special edition before you used the bonus offer coupon code to get the workflow for free, that's a matter of timing. You could ask for a refund, use the coupon code once you receive it, then repurchase the special edition (by February 7th to get the best pricing).

Just keep in mind that the special edition is steeply discounted (about 95% off), so your savings might only be about $0.50.

Posts 1823
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2019 7:35 PM

Question...After buying the unfiltered edition.... how much lower did it bring down your "Logos 8 Full Dataset" ? Asking those who bought it.

Also, bundling Heiser's with most of the L8 Feature Set is ..... while people are still paying for Connect.... quite shady. Thats double dipping...

I don't know if people here who subscribed to Connect are aware that theyre paying double for what they already have access to.

Posts 10040
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2019 7:54 PM

PetahChristian:

Brad:
So would this upgrade give us access to resoircrewe currently don't have through faithlife connect?

It has some books and courses that don't come with your subscription, but from a feature/tool perspective, no. This upgrade offers a subset of features and tools that are provided by Faithlife Connect. Faithlife Connect provides more features and tools than what this upgrade offers.

Not arguing, or anything. But I wonder how much is actually missing. After I bought my MHS, I went back to buy the L8 Full Feature. $30. That's calculating assuming already an L7 FF.  All that was missing was some theology guides (yawn), sermon outline (yawn), and 10 workflows (asleep). I couldn't see wasting $30.

My not so humble opinion, MHS is all she wrote.

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 2:13 AM

mike:
After buying the unfiltered edition.... how much lower did it bring down your "Logos 8 Full Dataset" ?

I paid $95 for Unfiltered. That knocked $109 off the Full Dataset (from $134 to $25).

mike:
I don't know if people here who subscribed to Connect are aware that theyre paying double for what they already have access to.

Yeah, I'm somewhat disappointed there isn't a configuration for Connect subscribers. But for the the $95 was still worth it. I even ended up buying the rest of the datasets for $25, despite being a Connect subscriber. I did the same with the L7 datasets last year. It keeps my options open. Otherwise, I'll never be able to afford to cancel my Connect subscription.

Posts 1380
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 5:47 AM

Mark Barnes:

mike:
After buying the unfiltered edition.... how much lower did it bring down your "Logos 8 Full Dataset" ?

I paid $95 for Unfiltered. That knocked $109 off the Full Dataset (from $134 to $25).

mike:

Yeah, I'm somewhat disappointed there isn't a configuration for Connect subscribers. But for the the $95 was still worth it. I even ended up buying the rest of the datasets for $25, despite being a Connect subscriber. I did the same with the L7 datasets last year. It keeps my options open. Otherwise, I'll never be able to afford to cancel my Connect subscription.

That's been my approach as well.  The day may come when I can no longer afford to maintain the subscription and I don't want to lose multiple feature sets if it does, so I've been buying the features.  In the meantime, I feel the other benefits of the subscription are worth the subscription cost.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 9:22 AM

PetahChristian:
fgh:

If you already own it, you wouldn't be charged for it a second time.

But if you bought the special edition before you used the bonus offer coupon code to get the workflow for free, that's a matter of timing. You could ask for a refund, use the coupon code once you receive it, then repurchase the special edition (by February 7th to get the best pricing).

Just keep in mind that the special edition is steeply discounted (about 95% off), so your savings might only be about $0.50.

I haven't gotten any coupon code for the workflows yet, and the best price on the special edition is only available for a few hours more, since that is when the $10 off code expires. So currently I am being charged for something I already own.

The minute sum isn't the issue, the fact that once again we can't trust dynamic pricing to be applied correctly is.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 622
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 9:50 AM

This package would be $151 for me...

Posts 22
LogosEmployee

fgh:

I haven't gotten any coupon code for the workflows yet, and the best price on the special edition is only available for a few hours more, since that is when the $10 off code expires. So currently I am being charged for something I already own.

The minute sum isn't the issue, the fact that once again we can't trust dynamic pricing to be applied correctly is.

The reason that dynamic pricing isn't showing you a discounted price for those workflows is because you don't own them yet. However, it looks like you do qualify for the discount on the workflows, so you can save money on them.

In your situation, the best thing to do would be to check out with the four workflows (they'll ring up for free if you qualify for the discount). Then, go back to the store and put Unfiltered (Logos Special Edition) in your cart. At that point, dynamic pricing should factor in the workflows, so you won't have to pay for them twice. 

If you would like assistance with this, you can call us at our international phone number: +1 360-527-1700

Hope this helps!

Posts 204
David Salazar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 10:42 AM

that's the price I've been seeing these last couple of days 

Today after downloading the free Michael Heiser workflow and my price now got raised to 153

Posts 648
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 10:52 AM

The package was $63 for me, then I used to $10 off coupon and paid $53. Worth it just for the few books I didn't own, more than worth it with the mobile ed courses that are included.

Posts 648
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 10:53 AM

David Salazar:

that's the price I've been seeing these last couple of days 

Today after downloading the free Michael Heiser workflow and my price now got raised to 153

That seems like an error. You might want to call customer service.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 2:09 PM

Christina de Martínez (Faithlife):
The reason that dynamic pricing isn't showing you a discounted price for those workflows is because you don't own them yet.

I 'paid' for those workflows when I fulfilled the qualifications, so I own them/have a license to them. That you haven't delivered them yet is another matter. That is no different than e g NETS, which I also own (through Orthodox Silver), but which haven't yet been released.

In your situation, the best thing to do would be to check out with the four workflows (they'll ring up for free if you qualify for the discount). Then, go back to the store and put Unfiltered (Logos Special Edition) in your cart. At that point, dynamic pricing should factor in the workflows, so you won't have to pay for them twice. 

Thanks, that worked.

Last year, we offered five free workflows to people who purchased Logos 8 before the end of 2018. If you fit the criteria, you should have been sent an email this week, letting you know that four of them are ready. In order to access them, you need to check out with the workflows in your cart.

a) I've double-checked and I haven't received any email (yes, I've seen that I'm not alone).

b) This isn't how it should have been done! You should simply have unlocked those workflows to all who qualify, just as you normally do when included things are released at a later time. This way lots of people will miss out on something they've been promised, and lots of people who've bought Unfiltered will have paid for something they'd been promised for free.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 160
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 2:18 PM

Thanks Faithlife for this package.  It was worth it for the volume I was missing from NIGTC, getting 2 missing IVP dictionaries, and the mobile ed courses.  I didn't even realize it completed my IVP dictionaries until after I made the purchase.  The Michael Heiser's books were also on my wishlist, so this was perfect!  $107 for all this was a steal.

I've been thankful for the great deals on L8 upgrade, the free mobile ed course from the upgrade, the bonus course, and this package.  It's like a long Logos Christmas sale for me.

This is an incredible starter package for anyone that's new to Logos.  AYBD, IVP, NIGTC, plus the mobile ed courses alone for this price is remarkable.

Posts 22
LogosEmployee

fgh:

I 'paid' for those workflows when I fulfilled the qualifications, so I own them/have a license to them. That you haven't delivered them yet is another matter. That is no different than e g NETS, which I also own (through Orthodox Silver), but which haven't yet been released.

b) This isn't how it should have been done! You should simply have unlocked those workflows to all who qualify, just as you normally do when included things are released at a later time. This way lots of people will miss out on something they've been promised, and lots of people who've bought Unfiltered will have paid for something they'd been promised for free.

In hindsight, I think you're right. We probably could have found a more elegant way to unlock the workflows to eligible accounts. I apologize for the extra hassle that this is causing for you. 

We made the decision to do it this way because this offer went live in December. Logos 8 launched in late October, so we had already sold several Logos 8 packages without promising any additional workflows for free. We try to avoid unlocking things to your accounts that you didn't explicitly ask for, but we also didn't want to penalize people who had purchased Logos 8 before December by leaving them out of the offer. We decided that the best option would be allowing eligible people to decide whether to redeem the free workflows or not—giving you control of what you want in your library. 

I hope that gives you insight into why we made the decision that we did. Again, I think that we could have done better, so I'm going to start a few conversations with my team to see if we can figure out a better way to offer things like this in the future. As always, we appreciate your input, and we're sorry that you had a sub-par experience.

Posts 22
LogosEmployee

Hi all, 

We investigated, and it turns out that the email announcing that the free workflows were available was unintentionally stuck in our systems and was never sent. Thank you to everyone who reported the issue! 

The email team is currently working on getting that email sent out to anyone who hasn't heard about it.

–Christina from Faithlife

P.S. We're not sending the email to people who have already redeemed their free workflows, because we don't want to bother them unnecessarily, so if you already have your 4 workflows and don't get an email, don't worry.

Posts 100
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 5:16 PM

Mark Barnes:

mike:

mike:

So wait a second.  I have access right now to these additional features of L8 in the Mike Heiser upgrade through my Faithlife Connect package.  But now if I want to purchase the Mike Heiser I am having to pay additional for the overall package just so I can "own" the resources I have through Faithlife Connect already?

How is this fair?

Logos 8 - Reformed Baptist Pastor - Student at MBTS - theologynights.com

Page 2 of 5 (98 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS