Mike Heiser Special Edition Logos 7

Page 5 of 5 (98 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 97 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 908
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2019 11:02 AM

PetahChristian:
Good deal! Make sure to purchase by February 7th, before its introductory pricing disappears!

Are you sure about that? I know the Feb 7 deadline applies to the Logos 8  base packages, but I'm not so sure whether this "Special Edition" is considered a base package (although I could be wrong of course)

Posts 33
Joseph Sollenberger | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2019 11:10 AM

The Feb. 7 deadline is mentioned prominently on the product page and announcements.

Joseph F. Sollenberger, Jr.

Posts 2885
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2019 1:38 PM

David Carter:
Are you sure about that?

David Carter:
I know the Feb 7 deadline applies to the Logos 8  base packages, but I'm not so sure whether this "Special Edition" is considered a base package (although I could be wrong of course)

It includes features and tools. Does that make it a base package? I suppose that criteria is up to FL.

(It doesn't happen to show up on the store if you filter results by "Base package," but that could be an oversight.)

Posts 908
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2019 2:49 PM

PetahChristian:
(It doesn't happen to show up on the store if you filter results by "Base package," but that could be an oversight.)

Nor does it include a discount for Faithlife Connect subscribers which would seem to indicate it isn't a base package.

That being said, the image you posted (which I have never seen before) does clearly state an "end of savings" date of February 7 so I think that does make your case!

I must admit I am on the fence about this special edition and will have to decide whether to go for this product, or for a base package upgrade instead

Posts 33
Joseph Sollenberger | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2019 2:54 PM

It does not show up as a Base Package in the About Logos Software panel (I am still on Basic by this report).  Under Features it does report "Many Logos 8 Features" and under software it reports version 8.2. 

—Joseph

Joseph F. Sollenberger, Jr.

Posts 13
Jack Nørdam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2019 2:54 PM

HJ. van der Wal:

Jack Nørdam:

it seems like Mike was telling that the New Testaments writers were in some cases interpreting the OT wrong. It was about Acts 15 and Amos 9.

I hope I'm wrong, but I couldn't read more in that sample. 

In the text sample you read dr. Heiser is discussing the question if you should always interpret biblical prophecy literally. I'll quote the concluding paragraphs:

"Did James and Luke misread the Bible, then? Not necessarily. The “remnant of Edom” could be considered an abstract reference to “non-elect” people: Remember that the Edomites were descendants of Esau (Gen 36:1), who surrendered his birthright (Gen 25). Therefore, the non-literal translation of “mankind” in the Septuagint version of Amos 9:11 is within the realm of accurate meaning.

Comparing these passages illustrates important lessons: Interpreting biblical prophecy cannot be distilled to a simple maxim, and everything cannot be taken literally. The New Testament shows us otherwise."

Michael S. Heiser, The Bible Unfiltered: Approaching Scripture on Its Own Terms (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2017), 46.

Thank you, I'm glad to see that.

Posts 2885
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2019 2:56 PM

David Carter:
Nor does it include a discount for Faithlife Connect subscribers which would seem to indicate it isn't a base package.

Good observation!

Posts 5985
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2019 2:59 PM

PetahChristian:

David Carter:

Good observation!

I saw it more like a library expansion for Mike’s stuff instead of Jewish, Backgrounds, Apologetics, etc.

DAL

Posts 2885
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2019 3:24 PM

DAL:
I saw it more like a library expansion for Mike’s stuff instead of Jewish, Backgrounds, Apologetics, etc.

Interesting perspective, yet library expansions never came with features and tools.

Speaking of which, hoping we'll hear something soon about the L8 library expansions. I'm curious to see what's changed in the Jewish library expansion.

Posts 8704
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2019 4:05 PM

PetahChristian:
hoping we'll hear something soon about the L8 library expansions.

Yes it will be interesting to see what these might be.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1986
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2019 4:48 PM

I just hope one if the expansions has BECNT.  I missed the sale last fall and really want that!  Maybe another sale?  Hint, hint.

Posts 5985
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2019 3:56 PM

PetahChristian:

DAL:

Interesting perspective, yet library expansions never came with features and tools.

Speaking of which, hoping we'll hear something soon about the L8 library expansions. I'm curious to see what's changed in the Jewish library expansion.

I hope they finally do a “Restoration Movement” Library Expansion.  I think there’s plenty of material to build one and not every resource has to be from that perspective as other resources with different perspectives can be included.  Most library expansions include stuff that’s not necessarily what they claim to be anyway.

DAL

Posts 908
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 12:06 PM

PetahChristian:

Good deal! Make sure to purchase by February 7th, before its introductory pricing disappears!

But be aware that if you buy it, as I did earlier today, the price of any Logos 8 upgrade you may have been thinking of buying goes through the roof!

I was expecting the price of some of the base packages to go down, given that some of the resources are also in the Heiser package, not increase dramatically.

If I'd known this was going to happen I am not so sure I would have bought it.......

Posts 26731
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 12:23 PM

David Carter:
I was expecting the price of some of the base packages to go down, given that some of the resources are also in the Heiser package, not increase dramatically.

I can't think of any legitimate reason for that to have happened...

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 908
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 12:29 PM

JT (alabama24):

David Carter:

I can't think of any legitimate reason for that to have happened...

All I can think is that Logos in their infinite wisdom consider my purchase of the Heiser Special Edition my "first complete upgrade" and have therefore removed the 25% discount from the base package upgrade prices. So I may have to return it before I've even downloaded it, which would be a first, to get my discount back on a package upgrade!

Posts 3761
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 12:36 PM

DAL:
I hope they finally do a “Restoration Movement” Library Expansion.

I'd be down with that.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 568
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 1:57 PM

Friedrich:

DAL:
I hope they finally do a “Restoration Movement” Library Expansion.

I'd be down with that.

Yes x infinity

Posts 908
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 2:53 PM

David Carter:

All I can think is that Logos in their infinite wisdom consider my purchase of the Heiser Special Edition my "first complete upgrade" and have therefore removed the 25% discount from the base package upgrade prices.

Which is in fact precisely what happened. Pleased to report that following a call with a very helpful chap in sales I managed to resolve the issue.

Page 5 of 5 (98 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS