8.3 beta 1, bug: Cloud resources search doesn't work

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 31 2019 3:00 AM

Nothing happens in the "Cloud Resources" section when I perform an Everything search. I checked for network activity, and there's nothing relevant. It looks like no request is sent to the server.

Posts 1935
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 5:09 AM

Concur. Also, according to Adam's post I expected library search hits to remain after removal:

Adam Borries (Faithlife):
*Note: removing a resource deletes the file from the hard drive, but does not remove it from the Library Index. To prevent the resource from returning results when searching library resources (or to minimize the storage space of the Library Index), use the command Rebuild Index.

This, however, is not my experience. Removal of the resource and rerunning the search eliminated the hit and downloading again and rerunning showed the hit once more. In all instances, the Cloud Resources section simply showed "Cloud Resources are unavailable."

Posts 7943
LogosEmployee

Reuben Helmuth:
To prevent the resource from returning results when searching library resources

I'm not sure that statement is correct. I've asked Adam for clarification. Check back later today to see if the original post has been edited.

Posts 7943
LogosEmployee

Reuben Helmuth:
Also, according to Adam's post I expected library search hits to remain after removal:

Resources that have been moved to the cloud will not show results in local search results (regardless of whether "rebuild index" has been run). The behaviour will be the same whether the resource was never downloaded, had been downloaded (and indexed) but now moved to the cloud, the index is rebuilt, etc.

Posts 2481
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 9:27 AM

Mark Barnes:

Nothing happens in the "Cloud Resources" section when I perform an Everything search. I checked for network activity, and there's nothing relevant. It looks like no request is sent to the server.

Mark,

I'm not able to reproduce this, can you let me know what are searching for? When I remove resources and search using Everything I am getting results. Were you working offline at all?

Posts 1523
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 11:17 AM

I am also not seeing Cloud resources in the Everything search. It says that "Cloud resources are unavailable." I have wifi and am working online.

Posts 2481
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 11:24 AM

Levi Durfey:

I am also not seeing Cloud resources in the Everything search. It says that "Cloud resources are unavailable." I have wifi and am working online.

Levi,

What resources do you have in the Cloud?

Posts 2481
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 11:27 AM

Can you also provide your logs? This might help.

Posts 1523
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 11:28 AM

Philana R. Crouch:
What resources do you have in the Cloud?

Over a hundred. Including all but one of my Shakespeare books. This search should have turned up hits in all of them.

Posts 1523
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 11:33 AM

Philana R. Crouch:

6215.LogosLogs.Levi.20190131-123159.zip

Posts 2481
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 12:07 PM

Levi Durfey:

Philana R. Crouch:

6215.LogosLogs.Levi.20190131-123159.zip

Thank you, I've filed a bug report.

Posts 7943
LogosEmployee

Mark Barnes:
Nothing happens in the "Cloud Resources" section when I perform an Everything search.

Try this again; it should be working now.

Posts 1523
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 8:04 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
Try this again; it should be working now.

Yes That did it. Thanks!

Posts 1935
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 11:57 PM

Working for me as well. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS