Suggestion for Cloud Resources Search

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2022
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 1 2019 12:24 AM

The Cloud Resources search results apparently display in "Ranked" mode. This is more like the Library Results section of the Everything search than the Library Resources section.

I think the "By Count" view would be much better in the Cloud Resources section if we can't have options. Ideally, we should have all three views available with either "By Resource" or "By Count" being the default. In these two views, there should be a download button next to the resource icon, making it clear that this is not a local result AND making it easy to quickly download the resource of interest without needing to go find it in the library. IMO this would go a long way towards improving the UX, especially for newer users.

Posts 25050
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 1 2019 1:41 PM

Reuben Helmuth:
The Cloud Resources search results apparently display in "Ranked" mode. This is more like the Library Results section of the Everything search than the Library Resources section.

That was the intention, so renaming to "Cloud Resource Results" would be better.

Reuben Helmuth:
I think the "By Count" view would be much better in the Cloud Resources section if we can't have options. Ideally, we should have all three views available with either "By Resource" or "By Count" being the default

There should be options as I don't like Ranked view, and a Download button is a good idea.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2112
LogosEmployee

Reuben Helmuth:
making it easy to quickly download the resource of interest without needing to go find it in the library

If you click on the resource link in the results, it will open a tab which should include a download button.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS