Why not working on my Roku TV?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 912
David Carter | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 5 2019 9:31 AM

I have the Faithlife TV app installed on two of my TVs that use Roku streaming sticks and it works fine.

However, I have a new Roku TV (Hisense) and the app (version 3.15) has installed, but only gets as far as the splash screen before instantly closing when I try and load it. I have tried several times removing it and reinstalling it but to no avail.

Surely it should work on a Roku TV? All my other apps do as far as I am aware

Posts 8
LogosEmployee
Adam Wehunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2019 10:31 AM

Hi David,

Currently there is a bug that will crash the Faithlife TV app on Rokus below version 9.0. This includes all Faithlife Tvs (Roku is still rolling out updates for the tvs).

Friday, I submitted a fix and contacted the Roku team to fast-track it's publication. Today the fix was approved by the Roku team and should be published today.

Thank you for letting us know about the bug, and sorry for the inconvenience. I will update you when this is fixed.

Posts 912
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2019 11:40 AM

Thanks for the update Adam, I'm glad it is only a temporary glitch and I look forward to it being resolved.

Posts 8
LogosEmployee
Adam Wehunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2019 4:42 PM

David,

The fix has been shipped. The working version is 3.16.

To manually update your Roku go to Settings => System => System Update => and select Check now. Otherwise the Roku should update itself every 24 hours.

Thank you for posting and thank you for your patience.

Posts 912
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2019 5:02 PM

Hi Adam

I have updated, registered the device, and can confirm it is now working fine.

Thank you for fixing this so promptly.

Posts 169
Daniel NM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2019 2:26 PM

The FaithlifeTV app is still crashing for me on RokuTV. I can see the FaithlifeTV home screen appear after the splash screen before the app crashes and goes back to the Roku home screen.

<!-- -->

Posts 8
LogosEmployee
Adam Wehunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2019 4:16 PM

Hi Daniel,

Sorry for the delayed response. The app is most likely crashing on your TV because the version is still 3.15.

To check your version, on the Roku home screen, hover over the Faithlife TV icon and press the option ( * ) button. The fixed version is 3.16.

To manually update your Roku go to Settings => System => System Update => and select Check now.

Please let me know if this works out for you.

Posts 169
Daniel NM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 16 2019 6:28 AM

Hi Adam. Thank you for your response.

The FaithlifeTV app is version 3.16 and still crashing. The Roku software on the TV is version 8.2.0 build 4174-08. An update check shows no updates available.

It would be unfortunate if the latest FaithlifeTV app is no longer compatible with RokuTVs less than version 9, as I am in no position right now to buy a new TV.

<!-- -->

Posts 912
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 16 2019 7:50 AM

Daniel NM:

The FaithlifeTV app is version 3.16 and still crashing. The Roku software on the TV is version 8.2.0 build 4174-08. An update check shows no updates available.

My Roku software version is 8.20 build 4170-39 and the Faithlife TV app is 3.16 build 0 . Works fine for me so it seems very strange that you are having a problem given that we both appear to be running the same versions of the software and the app.

Posts 8
LogosEmployee
Adam Wehunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2019 10:32 AM

Hi Daniel,

Today I am looking into Roku crash logs and will try to reproduce the bug you are experiencing. In the mean time, my only advice is to re-install Faithlife TV.

I will keep you updated on my progress. Thank you for reporting.

Posts 8
LogosEmployee
Adam Wehunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2019 10:35 AM

Also I would like to note: Roku plans on updating Roku TVs to version 9 by the end of this month

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS