could the database find all people within a radius of an address?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
The Angel of the South | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 7 2019 9:02 AM

Hello. I am trying to make our Logos database do something our church has long hoped to do. When someone can't make it to church (for any reason, but especially disability--we have an active and vital disability ministry), we would like the database to find everyone within a certain radius of a particular address, in order to identify who could be asked to give the member a ride.

But as far as I can tell from prior e-mails with tech support and from my own experimentation in the database, it can't be done, at least not fully. The closest I have ever come is finding everyone within the ZIP code +4 (including the +4 can narrow it down fairly well).

I am posting this from home and don't have access to Logos at the moment; but if anyone needs to know the Logos version or other information that I would have to get back to church to find, I would be happy to find it as soon as I can. Let me know. (I am not one of the pastors or another member of the staff, just a member who has occasionally worked on the database at the pastors' request.)

Posts 219
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 12:31 PM

The Angel of the South:

Hello. I am trying to make our Logos database do something our church has long hoped to do. 

If you are asking about the Logos Church Management Software, that is not a Faithlife product.  Its just a coincidence that they also use the name "Logos" for their software.  Our church management software is called Ministry Tracker.

Posts 8
The Angel of the South | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 3:27 PM

Now I understand what the other responders meant. Thank you.

Posts 8
The Angel of the South | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2019 7:47 AM

As long as we have established that I confused Faithlife's product with another company's same-named product due to them using the same name, I might as well ask: can this Ministry Tracker software do what I described? If it could, I may recommend that my church look into changing database software, since the pastors have long wanted to use our database to identify who can be asked to provide transportation to a member who can't make it to church.

Posts 4557
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2019 7:52 AM

The Angel of the South:

As long as we have established that I confused Faithlife's product with another company's same-named product due to them using the same name, I might as well ask: can this Ministry Tracker software do what I described? If it could, I may recommend that my church look into changing database software, since the pastors have long wanted to use our database to identify who can be asked to provide transportation to a member who can't make it to church.

Since this forum is for Logos Bible Software, you should probably contact Ministry Tracker for information on their product.

Posts 27255
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2019 9:54 AM

Fredc:
you should probably contact Ministry Tracker for information on their product.

It is a Faithlife product. 

The Angel of the South:
can this Ministry Tracker software do what I described?

If you don't find what you want from the link below, I would either 1) join their Faithlife group to ask the question or 2) contact FL directly. The "about" page (see second link) has a phone number. 

https://www.ministrytracker.com/faq 

https://www.ministrytracker.com/about 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS