forums need to preserve message text in case of an error in posting

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
The Angel of the South | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 7 2019 9:09 AM

Hello. I was just posting a post about something I need to make our database do, and encountered some error posting it. An error message. No problem--I was happy to try posting it again, and went back. I was disappointed to find that the text disappeared. If the Logos forums are not currently set up to preserve the text in these situations, I hope Logos can make that improvement in the future.

Although after this, I will remember to type the text in a word processor first-I know that solution.

Posts 2692
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2019 11:29 AM

Faithlife intends to replace the present forums with improved ones on faithlife.com once it has developed that website sufficiently to support this.

Posts 18325
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2019 6:25 PM

If I've typed a long detailed post, I select-all (Ctrl+A) and copy (Ctrl+C) before posting, in case that scenario you described unfolds. I learned the hard way by losing a couple of carefully composed long posts with lots of links in them, one of which I'd put a huge amount of time into and never bothered redoing. I'm still somewhat bummed about that one. It was meant to be a long list of additional articles by Regent College faculty and former faculty that are in Logos. (An update to my list in this thread.)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS