forums need to preserve the text of an unsent post, in case an error necessitates clicking Back

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
The Angel of the South | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 7 2019 9:22 AM

Hello. I was just posting a post about something I need to make our database do, and encountered some error posting it. An error message. No problem--I was happy to try posting it again, and went back. I was disappointed to find that the text disappeared. If the Logos forums are not currently set up to preserve the text in these situations, I hope they can make that improvement in the future.

Although after this, I will remember to type the text in a word processor first-I know that solution. I'm off to try re-posting the lost post.

Posts 8
The Angel of the South | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 9:25 AM

P.S. I'm sorry to accidentally double-post. I was surprised to find that after my first attempt to post this produced an error message, that post succeeded anyway. But that post appears to be blank. I don't understand this forum site's behavior yet.

Posts 1458
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 9:27 AM

Welcome to the forums!

Here's a trick I often do when I am posting (especially a long post) on the forums. Before hitting "Post," I select all and copy. 

How To Get Logs - macOS or Windows

Posts 8
The Angel of the South | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 9:28 AM

Thanks. Yeah, I started doing that once I noticed there was an apparent problem.

Posts 5943
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 9:42 AM

Or type your post on Word and then go to reply or write a new post in the forum and then copy and paste 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 8634
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 2:29 PM

Levi Durfey:
Here's a trick I often do when I am posting (especially a long post) on the forums. Before hitting "Post," I select all and copy. 

Great advice. Especially when it is a long, complicated post!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS