could the database find all people within a radius of an address?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
The Angel of the South | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 7 2019 9:57 AM

(I tried to post this already, but had an error message. I apologize for any double posting.)

My church has long hoped to make the Logos database find all active church members within a certain radius of a particular member's address. With our church having a strong and responsive disability ministry, the purpose would be to identify who could give transportation to any nearby member who can't make it to church.

But as far as I can learn from conversations with Logos tech support, and from my own explorations in the database, what we seek can't be done. The closest I have ever come is generating a list of every member within a particular ZIP code +4 (the +4 is necessary to narrow it down). Does anyone have anything to add? Can anyone at least confirm that it can't be done?

If anyone needs to know my Logos version, I am at home and do not have access to Logos, but will be happy to look up the needed information as soon as I can. (I am not one of the pastors or staff, but a member who is occasionally asked to work on the database.) I do not know our Logos version offhand, but I don't think it's the very latest one. Since I started working on our database, I haven't been told anything about us upgrading to a new version.

Posts 21166
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 10:42 AM

This sounds more like a "Ministry Tracker" question than a Logos software question? Is that the database you are referring to?

If so you are probably better asking the question in the Faithlife Group for that product - https://faithlife.com/ministry-tracker/activity 

As I don't use that product I'm afraid I can't advise on the specifics of your question.

If I have misunderstood and this does relate to the Logos product itself, please advise.

Posts 4127
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 11:06 AM

What you're talking about is not really a feature I would expect to find in my Bible Study software. As Graham said, that may be something Ministry Tracker could provide. If not there are many Church Management products that likely have that capability.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS