Not Upgraded to 8

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 36
Steven New | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 5:06 PM

Well for instance, I tried to create a reading card from the home page early on, and a workflow, but I couldn't make new ones.  I had to make one then search for it.  It just didn't feel intuitive that I didn't try again.  

Another person mentioned adding more information for the reading plans, this seems like something that could be added to the cards.  It also seemed that there was more customization in the Logos 7 home page.

(To answer another poster)

And I know I am a beginner user and I know that most software has shortcuts and other abilities you have to train to use, but this program seems to have a steep learning curve.

Posts 171
Jesús Polaino | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2019 6:37 AM

Wild Eagle:

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

Steven New:
4) More functional home screen.  

Can you say more about this? The Logos 8 Home page was re-designed as "a place to start work, not a place to do work." Do you feel like it meets that goal? What other functionality would you like to see on the Home page? 

I enjoyed to see random topics picked from my library in L7. I have large library, and it picked many different topics, graphics, and brought to my attention many different books.  This feature is greatly missed. In fact, I dont like to go to home page anymore. I don;t need advertising. I know I can disable it now, but without book preview, it looks just empty and boring. I don't enjoy the blogs because it takes me away from Logos to internet browser. 

Yes

Posts 171
Jesús Polaino | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2019 6:37 AM

Wild Eagle:

Steven New:
4) More functional home screen.  

Can you say more about this? The Logos 8 Home page was re-designed as "a place to start work, not a place to do work." Do you feel like it meets that goal? What other functionality would you like to see on the Home page? 

I enjoyed to see random topics picked from my library in L7. I have large library, and it picked many different topics, graphics, and brought to my attention many different books.  This feature is greatly missed. In fact, I dont like to go to home page anymore. I don;t need advertising. I know I can disable it now, but without book preview, it looks just empty and boring. I don't enjoy the blogs because it takes me away from Logos to internet browser. 

Yes

Posts 169
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2019 7:39 AM

DominicM:

Phil - its low on the list, but importing custom images/photos in canvas would probably be the one that would be most used by me

Amen to that! And also tables and images in notes!

My other main issue with Logos 8 features is the limited number of indent/heirarchy levels in workflow - I can't use it for 'my' workflow which has more levels of bullet point/numbering levels than is offered by the Workflow.

Hope you can do something about that.

Posts 1672
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2019 8:20 AM

Steven New:
this program seems to have a steep learning curve.

Agreed! Yes (I've been using Logos over 15 years and I'm still amazed at the power and the discoveries that it already does much of what I think is a new idea.) You will find these Forums to be a great place to ask for help in conducting a particular search or setting up a particular feature.

I hope I did not come across as snooty or judgmental! I simply wanted to demonstrate that you made a great choice in selecting Logos.

Posts 940
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2019 12:14 PM

Logos use since forever...

Reasons I did not upgrade:

1. The value add I saw wasn't worth the $.   Full feature upgrade was $300+ for me, and as it stands, what I have for Logos now seems to work just fine.

2.  I think I've peaked in my investment in Logos; I can get journals else where for less and quicker; new resources take far too long to get into Logos; nearly all the reference materials in I want in Logos I have; I feel like I am not the customer Logos wants anymore (established, bought in, spending on the decline).

3.  Frankly, I don't like "buy now, or pay more later" marketing at a 25% discount.  

So, I guess I'll stick to what I have now.

Posts 1
Marlon Valladares | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2019 9:38 AM

Yes, Dark Mode. I work with screens all day and having this option would allow me to read more easily. Thanks

Posts 2807
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2019 12:08 PM

The Logos 8 Home page was re-designed as "a place to start work, not a place to do work."

Yes, and since launch (and even before) customers have been telling FL over and over and over again how much they/we want homepages to be places to start doing work. But you know that already.

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS