Writing to the Logos db directly to import Prayer Lists, Notes, and custom data

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Wesley Wilson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 7 2019 7:46 PM

I am looking to import content into my prayer list and notes from another source and I see the dbs are editable via SQLite. The code to insert the data is not hard to write, but while the inserts work. They never appear in LOGOS.

What I am looking for is either documentation or guidance on a way to do this. I have a T-SQL background, but am not having success getting the data to appear in the application. I think my issue is with inserting a GUID properly formatted and adding the other related records n other tables.

Posts 26544
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 8:16 PM

Unfortunately Faithlife discourages this. Among other things, the syncing of the data may be corrupted IIRC from Bradley's post a week or so ago.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 17976
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 10:10 PM

Wesley Wilson:
What I am looking for is either documentation or guidance on a way to do this.

Welcome Big Smile

SQL for database replication has intriguing technical nuances/challenges. Personally have avoided trying to insert into SQLite databases since lack sync status processing insights: e.g. "trick" application into believing last use was offline where new stuff was entered that now needs sync (replication). Trying to insert/update/delete SQLite data while application is running can potentially damage lots of your data (since lack insight about what is cached in application memory so database storage modification is different than application cache).

For Notes, may want to investigate BibleWorks formatting since Faithlife recently wrote application code to import Notes from BibleWorks.

Logos Wiki has older => Importing from LDLS3 (since Libronix servers have been shutdown, not know about viability of older import code).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8022
LogosEmployee

Logos 8 databases are not intended to be modified directly by users or by other programs. Editing them carries the risk of crashing Logos 8 or permanently corrupting your sync data. We do not support end-user modification of the databases (and will not provide any documentation or guidance on doing so).

Posts 2
Wesley Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2019 4:34 AM

Thanks for the reply. The ability to migrate my intellectual property in and out is important to me if I am going to invest time into a service.

I'll need to research other import methods or not use the content creation functions of logos. 

Was hoping to bring in my content from other apps and services to one.

Posts 17976
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2019 5:17 AM

Wesley Wilson:
I'll need to research other import methods or not use the content creation functions of logos. 

One content creation option is Personal Books, which use docx files (print to pdf could be used for access on mobile devices in a different app: e.g. iCloud drive). Logos wiki has 

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS