Logos 8 Basic has arrived

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2087
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 8 2019 1:48 AM

https://www.logos.com/product/168880/logos-8-basic

There are additional editions in the dropdown (Verbum, Mobile/Web, German, Chinese, Academic), but these links are not yet functional. Only the standard L8 Basic can be "purchased" as of now.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 2087
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 2:03 AM

The other packages are available on the respective  shops:

Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 32

Great! 5 new books to my library :)

Posts 2087
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 5:37 AM

Pedro Gabriel Cavalcanti Lima:

And how many books were removed from L7 Basic?

Posts 32

I don't know. I'm in work now, but when I go home I can see and tell you

Posts 32

Or there's a way to see this in my faithlife site account?

Posts 2087
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 6:20 AM

Or there's a way to see this in my faithlife site account?

I don't know. I only noticed that some resources are no longer in the Basic package, ant therefore no longer in my library (such as "President Edwards").

I do have a pre L8 Basic XML dump from my library, but it contains no license information on the individual items.

I guess I could count the resources in the dump, and find out how many of them I lost. But which ones exactly would be difficult I think.

Posts 32

I think that will be difficult to see this, so.
I have about 1700 resources, but no dump for pre-update :|

Posts 1689
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 6:57 AM

Faithlife Connect (No resources) users SHOULD "Buy" the L8 Basic and Academic. Although I have thousands of resources (Portfolio in an earlier edition plus many commentary additions), I picked up some freebies with this. One good example is the Westott-Hort introduction to the Greek Testament.

Posts 755
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 8:32 AM

Those are temporary licenses, aren't they?

Posts 1755
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 8:46 AM

Lew Worthington:

They show up that way, is that a mistake on Faith life's part? 

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 20
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 8:55 AM

Nice, I picked up a couple Hebrew & Greek grammars for $5 in the Logos Academic package! Nice way to start a Friday!

Weekly Bible Study Tips - https://biblestudy.tips 

Posts 137
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 9:54 AM

Tom:

Lew Worthington:

They show up that way, is that a mistake on Faith life's part? 

This is not a mistake.  The features, datasets, and books provided in Logos 8 Basic are “access-only”, which means you have access to them, but do not own them permanently.

Posts 472
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 10:30 AM

Joe McCune (Faithlife):
which means you have access to them, but do not own them permanently.

Does this mean that people who have only downloaded L7 Basic have lost access to those resources in turn for L8 Basic?

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Silver

Posts 1736
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 10:39 AM

Richard Villanueva:

Joe McCune (Faithlife):
which means you have access to them, but do not own them permanently.

Does this mean that people who have only downloaded L7 Basic have lost access to those resources in turn for L8 Basic?

No. You'll have continued access to them. You just don't have a perpetual license, and they don't count toward dynamic pricing.

Posts 14
Judson s | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 11:28 AM

I have 7 basic.

Is there a change log of what's added/removed from Logos 7 Basic? 

I did download the Academic file. I haven't installed. Although, I'm not sure if it's actually Academic or not? Is the file name 'named' academic?

Posts 2928
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 11:53 AM

Judson s:
Is there a change log of what's added/removed from Logos 7 Basic? 

No, there are no change logs. With Basic, FL can change what we have temporary access to, even between version updates.

Judson s:

I did download the Academic file. I haven't installed. Although, I'm not sure if it's actually Academic or not? Is the file name 'named' academic?

There's nothing to install. If you purchased it for free, the access licenses have already been added to your account, and you'll be able to access any new resources that are included with Logos 8 Academic Basic.

Posts 581
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 12:28 PM

Jan Krohn:

The other packages are available on the respective  shops:

When I go to the Verbum 8 Basic page there is no info on what's actually included in Verbum Basic. There is no info on included books/features. What's actually in this package?

Posts 2087
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 1:06 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

No. You'll have continued access to them. You just don't have a perpetual license, and they don't count toward dynamic pricing.

Unfortunately, "President Edwards" was removed, only a few weeks after it had been added to L7 Basic.

If it could be added back, that would really be awesome.

Kiyah:

When I go to the Verbum 8 Basic page there is no info on what's actually included in Verbum Basic. There is no info on included books/features. What's actually in this package?

I think the following resources came through Verbum 8 Basic:

* Buckley, T. A. (1851). The Canons and Decrees of the Council of Trent. London: George Routledge and Co.

* Gibbons, J. (1904). The Faith of Our Fathers: Being a Plain Exposition and Vindication of the Church Founded by Our Lord Jesus Christ. Baltimore; New York; London; Glasgow: John Murphy Company; R. & T. Washbourne, Ltd.

* De Conte, L. (1896). Personal Recollections of Joan of Arc. (M. Twain, Hrsg., J. F. Alden, Übers.). London: Chatto & Windus.

* Kinane, T. H. (1884). St. Joseph: His Life, His Virtues, His Privileges, His Power (Seventh Edition). Dublin: M. H. Gill and Son.

Posts 24238
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 2:16 PM

Jan Krohn:
I don't know. I only noticed that some resources are no longer in the Basic package, ant therefore no longer in my library (such as "President Edwards").

Jan Krohn:
Unfortunately, "President Edwards" was removed, only a few weeks after it had been added to L7 Basic.

It would not be removed if it was part of a Package. But it was a January preview resource for Connect subscribers, and consequently got removed in early February.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS