Printing notes with anchors

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4
Kin Wei Hsien | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 8 2019 12:59 PM

When I print my notes or export them to a file, I only get the content of my notes (what I typed), but not the corresponding anchors. That's quite useless. Does anybody have this problem, or know how to fix it?

Posts 4107
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 2:47 PM

I would venture to guess that everyone who has attempted to print a note has the same experience. This is the way the Print/Export feature in Notes Tool is currently designed; anchors do not print. There is no setting or work around I am aware of. I don't know if there are any plans to change this at some point in the future.

Posts 651
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2019 11:14 AM

Kin Wei Hsien:

When I print my notes or export them to a file, I only get the content of my notes (what I typed), but not the corresponding anchors. That's quite useless. Does anybody have this problem, or know how to fix it?

The list of coming improvements does not mention exporting anchors with Notes:

1. Sorting notes by reference
  2. CTRL+F on desktop to find in Notes
  3. Integration of notebooks in Your Documents search section in Everything search
  4. Integration of notebooks in My Content section of guides
  5. Copy and paste from resources with citation links
  6. Highlight search extension searches
  7. Labels
  8. Create and find notebooks in the Docs panel
  9. Quotes view (currently supported for single resources in Notes & Highlights resource sidebar)
  10. Full view
  11. Compact (i.e., one line) view (which will enable a comparable Split view)
  12. Corresponding Notes & Highlights visual filter
  13. Send to sermon document
  14. Export to / save as word list / passage list
  15. Previous/Next Annotation in the Locator Bar
  16. Remember your icon, color, and style preferences
  17. Guide notes
  18. Search hit highlighting

But neither does the list of deprecated features, so we might be OK in the long run. I agree that, without the exported anchor for each Note, the Notes are practically useless, and exporting them without anchor references would require much effort to include them in teaching notes. Oh please, Faithlife, move "export" up in the list of priorities.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS